What do people think of chokers?

My friends, and a bunch of other girls at my school, all wear chokers now and I was thinking about hopping onto the trend, but I'm worried people will think its an invitation to make sexist remarks. Thoughts?

or called other certain words, not going to list them out though :P

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a nice accessory when worn properly and used right. It is supost to be something subtle to bring more attention to her neck. However I normally see people making it the main focus way to often. Depending on the look of your choker you might also attract the wrong kind of boys with it.

Most Helpful Girl

• i used to be punk rock/emo when i was younger, back in 2010-13 and ill let you know that everyone that wore chokers before this new trend thing going on was seen as "rebellious" or "different" or associated with some kind of emo style. i would wear them and people would look at me weird, but now all these girls jumped on the bandwagon of style and thats all we see now. almost EVERY guy I've talked to in person doesn't like them, they find them stupid, but then again, who are they to judge? if you wanna wear a choker, go ahead girl, rock it! i started wearing them when they first started, but im a person that hates the hype, so i dont wear them anymore. looks ridiculous and unoriginal when EVERYONE and their mothers wears them

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 20

• It all starts with "do you like chokers?" and ends with "choke me daddy".

• I find chokers very attractive, sometimes even sexy.

I fail to see the connection with sexism though, I've never heard anyone making any stupid comments about them.

• It's funny that this is happening. I've heard that trends always come back around and it's right - it's the 90s all over again haha.

That being said, older women (20s and 30s) are doing it too and I think it's pretty hot.

• Every girl i know wears chokers and i have never heard of anyone saying anything sexist

• I mean yeah they do look kinda slutty. The closest thing they resemble are pet collars lol.

• well the word on the street is that if you wear chokers and you're not an emo/goth type of person then you probably are slutty. that's just how it is where I'm from. but I can imagine it being normal in other countries.

• I can assure you that is not the case everywhere. I wear them because I think they are pretty. I have never dated, nor have I ever been romantically/sexually involved with anyone in my entire life.

• I know that I cannot avoid it... but I just don't feel like I need it right now.

• You're doing the right thing :)

• I would just think it's a fashion and I think some look nice so it's like any accessory. I think you should get one that looks nice on you and wear if you want :)

• they are sexy

• love them

• That those things are dogcollars.

• Do realize though they have a BIG role in BDSM. Lots of girls I've met that were subs wear them.

• it is very hot

• I like the look of them they have a sort of submissive vibe

• I like chokers on a girl. they look great on a girl.

• Trailer trash fad

• I like them

• It's usually an emo thing in my experience. nothing wrong with that, but that's who usually wears them that my know.

• They look sexy as hell!

• I disliked them. looks weird.

• They're sexy!!!

What Girls Said 28

• i like them, chokers i haven't worn one in years but i like them some of them that girls are wearing look pretty good to me and who cares if it's fashionable and understand ladies your going to get flack no matter what you do so might as well what you like wearing and don't worry too much about what some reject will say to the fact you wear chokers... they're very nice chokers glad your wearing them and like them.

• noone should make sexist remarks because of your clothing
    to me it's the same with school uniforms, the people who say it's your fault if you get called a bitch because you are dressed like one just can't admit that they are not strong enough to resist and keep focussed
    also a choker is only an accesoir, don't worry it won't show more skin haha
    and if you like it - wear it. it's not important what others might think about your style

• Trashy. No self-respecting woman wears those anymore. Unless she's going the nasty in the bedroom with her SO.

• lol I wear them. I've only gotten compliments.

• I don't really like them.

• They're back in style. No big deal.

• one guy told me ''My dom was lucky" never wore it again. But g'head and wear it! as long as you like it who cares

• The same comment applies if you wear a tight top in summer. So ignore and wear what you like.

• There's nothing sexist about chokers. However, I find them ugly, unless they're a certain style. If it's those black ones that look like links, ew.

• You know what they stand for in my head... Everytime I see a girl wear one it's like the international sign of a dick sucker! Dont do it!

• Sexy when on a proper neck

• I wear tem sometimes. My boyfriend loves them.

• i think you need to get out of the sjw circle jerk but yeah i just bought a bunch they're very pretty.

• Idc what people say ab them I liked them before people made stupid assumptions lol they're cute

• I love them! i wear them all the time as they go with so many outfits! <3

• Never heard sexist remarks regarding chokers.

• I've been wearing chokers for a while, imma head a the trend, lol

• I have like six different ones

• I like chokers they are cute and make outfits stand out. They totally complete a cute edgy look

• dont like it

• I wear them often

• I Love Them

• Chokers are my favorite necklaces, just wear one if you like it. :)

• You mean hands? They're alright ;)

• I think you shouldn't care what others think. If you think they are beautiful, they are

• Go for it fuck what they say

• I do not like them

• It reminds me of the movie Leon which was gross