Girls, Looking for Advice?

I am picky about my complexion. I like everything to be the same color, as in no farmer's tan or any such unevenness. Does anyone know of some effective skin lightener or some such thing? Any other advice on maintaining smooth bright complexion, related to reducing shaving irritation, or improving texture welcome.
Girls, Looking for Advice?

1

Most Helpful Girl

• Typically, lightening/brightening products aren't good for your skin. When they say they will make a difference in a time that sounds too good to be true, it's usually too good to be true. What they do is use chemicals that can be harmful and make your skin more sensitive to the sun, which is pretty counterintuitive. I'm pretty big on all-natural things, so I can give you a few things you can try.

The first thing I would do would be exfoliation. You can buy a scrub or make one with a some sugar and some water/oil. Removing the dead skin cells help your skin to look much better. If you do this about a day before shaving, this can also help reduce irritation and ingrown hairs. The next thing would be to eat a healthy diet. Your skin cells replace themselves after so long (I forget the number of days in the cycle), and the only thing that your body has to use is the food you eat. Eating healthily can really rejuvenate your skin.
    The last thing I suggest is masks, foods like potatoes, papaya, and cucumber can naturally brighten the skin. You mash them up and combine them with other things to make homemade masks.

What Girls Said 0