Do guys really hate makeup?

OK plenty of guys in this site have expressed their opinion about makeup and how they don't really like it... But we girls know makeup helps if you know how to use it right... Now look at this 2 pictures which one do you like better & why?

link

link

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys don't hate makeup. They may dislike obvious makeup.

The stuff like concealer, foundation, natural makeup which makes your skin looks smooth and youthful is appealing to all men. They don't necessarily realize that it's there.

• Its true, its just noticable makeup we hate like lipstick, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara

• Very true, every guys different but I hate makeup that makes you look like a clown. although I do really like some obvious makeup though like mascara, eye shadow, drawn on eye brows and eye liner when its applied right.

What Guys Said 11

• I like the first one. The lighter skin, the more relaxed look, the bigger smile, and sans the eye shadow. You look very attractive. The second you look uptight and a bit uncomfortable and as if you're 'trying' to pose. I honestly don't like makeup but it's not the makeup itself that is the complete issue, it's the fact that many women don't feel comfortable with who they are without it. It screams confidence and I don't care what others think or expect of me, when a woman is proud to wear her own skin and nothing else. That to me, is a huge turn on. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind makeup as a means to accentuate the beauty you know you possess, but to use it as a mask to conceal your supposed imperfections is what I don't agree with.

• Natural will always be best to me personally, I think you look the best in the first picture

• I'd say the first one. It's taken under kinda crumby conditions but it really is true. Guys don't like makeup. Foundation and concealer just make a girls face look fake. I know girls are going to rate me down on this, but makeup with the exception of lip gloss and OCCASIONALLY a bit of eye shadow should be really be thrown away.

• I don't hate makeup. I dislike it because of what it does. The things many types of makeup do are meant to give the wrong social cues. Blush, lipstick and eyeliner/eyeshadow, for example. They are meant to give the false appearance of arousal in a woman, which gives men the wrong idea. Blush gives the impression that the skin is flushed, lipstick gives the impression that the lips are engorged with blood and eyeliner/eyeshadow makes the whites of the eyes look whiter. All of these things happen when women become aroused. Walking around looking like that all day is like having a billboard floating over your head that says "READY TO MATE!1! COME AND GET IT!".

• The key is, in fact, using it right. There is a time and a place for theatrical-style and adventurous make-up experimentation. However, may girls make the mistake of thinking that if a little of something is good, then a lot of it is even better. That's when you get caked-on foundation and a whole mess of concealer and awfully gaudy eye shadow.

An alternative to going all out with make-up is to try to enhance the look and feel of your skin. Not all guys like make-up, but EVERYONE loves nice skin. A little lotion and maybe an exfoliator will help your natural beauty come out.

• We don't hate make up..just when girls think they have to put it on by the truck load and to put it on if they just have to run to walmart for a minute. (even though everyone knows it'll take about half an hour lol)

• Makeup is great.. I like wild makeup like yellow or green or blue lip colors and hair. Wild nail colors to. I just don't like a sh*tty frilly girly girl look the so called "feminine" look makes women look helpless and retarded.

• Personal I think you look better with less! I didn't really like the purple above your eyes, but that's just me though! Other than that I think you look real good!

• i don't like make up. or not a lot anyhow

• i don't like make up

• The first one because you look good, it's natural and the real you. You don't need heaps of makeup to make yourself look good :)

What Girls Said 4

• I think you'd look better in the second pic without the purple on your eyelids. Guys think they don't like makeup, when in fact, what they don't like is obvious makeup... so just stick with natural colors... it'll make a big diff. :)

• Awe you look beautiful both ways.

• YOU LOOK REally PALE IN THE FIRST ONE SO I WOULD Say THE SEcond one is better

• you look pretty in both pics. I would have said the second pic is better, but I don't like that light purple color too much.

guys don't know what they're talking about when it comes to makeup. they don't know about application and all that so even when they look at a girl and think oh she looks natural she probably has some makeup on so who really cares about their opinion on makeup lol