Tattoo. Yay or nay?

Im 17 years old right now and im turning 18 in a couple of months. I am not sure yet, but I have not had problems with tattoos. I am thinking of getting one. Like a small and subtle one, but has a nice meaning. Like maybe a cross or a heart on my wrist or a star on my hand. What experience have y'all had with them? Are they worth it or no?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you really want one i'd get one that could be easily covered up like on your ankle or hips or something. A lot of jobs don't care for employees with visible tattoos so that's something to consider when you get older. Girls with visible tattoos like ones on the neck tattoos look really trashy. In my honest opinion girls look really hot with tattoos when they're young but it looks gross the older they get. Not to be sexist but I think tattoos are a masculine thing to begin with men usually look cool when they're older and have tattoos.

Most Helpful Girl

• I got a small tattoo on my hip when I turned 18. It's a palm tree which was meaningful to me because it signified my desire to move to Florida after school.

I have never once regretted it! I still love it and love telling the story behind it.

I think if it's something you're still going to be able to feel good about 10/20/30 years from now, go for it!

Sponsored

What Guys Said 10

• Have no experience with tatoos, but I think they´re kind unnecessary. Also If you have a tatoo of across that might be something you´ll regret. Who knows, perhaps you´ll be an atheist one day...

• before you get one, find a style you like. keep a picture of it and if after 4 months you still like it and are confident with it, then get it

• Tattooing a cross on yourself is probably one of the dumbest things I've heard today. And this is GaG.

'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.' - Leviticus 19:28, NIV

• I like tattoos. I suggest when having a tattoo idea you wait at least a year to get it, to make you sure you still want it. Thats what I do with my tattoos

• It's your life go for it

• it's worth it and addicting once you get one you will want more just make sure you think seriously about each one before you get it

• it is all up to u, dear.
    if it does not get you in a situation that hurts u (psychologically or physiologically), u can do it.

• Go for it!! Tattoos are badass!!

• Nay..

• No. tattoos look awful on girls.

• Tattoos ruin a good body. Why would you permanently paint yourself?

What Girls Said 9

• Depending on your career direction I would recommend the inside of the wrist since that can be covered or made less obvious with bracelets. Many jobs still frown upon the visible tattoo thing, and I can't necessarily say that I blame them, and I have a few tattoos. My wrist nobody notices, so my job overlooks it because I aways have jewelry on. And totally worth it. I do not regret a single one, and absolutely love mine.

• When I was 17 I got a small semi colon in the dip of my collarbone. I love it and it means a lot to me. As long as your little tattoo means something to you it's worth it.

• I finally got my long-awaited tattoo three days ago. My wrist still stings from the tattoo, and I regret nothing. :) Choose and think wisely of your design before you decide to permanently etch it on your skin.

• Not for me, but it's your body do what you want with it.

• if you're not sure , use hanna before you get a real tatto

• No tattoo

• think well before having it

• If you want to get a tattoo, you have to realize that it is a big decision. You should get one that won't bore the shit out of you after a year or so.

• Got 8. Another one today so its still stinging, if you like them go for it :)