Lush: Is it too expensive for most people?

Lush: Is it too expensive for most people?Their site for price references (for those who don't know what Lush is or how much their products cost): https://uk.lush.com/

• Yes, yes it is.
    72%(39)68%(45)Vote50%(6)
  • Nope. I can definitely spare more money specifically for those products.
    28%(15)32%(21)Vote50%(6)
For those who have ever used their soaps: don't they utterly dry out your skin?

Most Helpful Guy

• yes it is but you pay for the hand made part of the deal really

Most Helpful Girl

• It's too expensive for me personally, though I understand why it is considering the quality and their charity work and stuff.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 6

• Like designer stuff, your paying for a name, not necessarily for a better product. Read in one of today's UK newspapers about a lady with £500K of designer handbags. She also has more money than sense!

Lush is probably good, but you can buy things elsewhere that's just as good for half the price.

• Are you kidding me? they are all hand made...

• Its not like these are mass produced. Each and every one of those bars are tailored and nurtured with the best of ingredients. Not cheap substitutes.

• That is why I feel bad when I go to a third world country and pay them like 50 cents for something they clearly spent a long time making.

• You're from Poole 👀?

But yes, they're worth it, my girlfriend gets the soaps and shampoos from there. It's only a couple of £ more over regular stuff anyway.

• As everyday products? Yeah that's costly as fuck, especially if everyday brands of health/beauty products work OK for you.

But as an occasionally used product (such as a shower after being at the beach), then the price isn't so bad.

• I know a 19 year old girl that LOVES their products but there's no way I would spend that much on SOAP.

• I can spare the money, but I'd never consider doing it.

What Girls Said 19

• I don't mind spending money on something that works and is of good quality.

I've never used lush products, but I've been tempted to go in there someday and buy some. I'd like to try them as I am always out looking for new things to try. I have a problem with dry skin, so I would have to try the soap to know. Most brands of soap (other than Ivory and Dove) are drying to the skin.

I think whether the cost is appropriate, it would depend on the person. Some people find it a balancing game. They are willing to spend more money on a product which they like. I know I certainly am. I typically buy Olay moisturizer for my face, because it's the only one which doesn't cause me to break out. It actually absorbs into my skin rather than just sitting on top and becoming and oily mess. I've tried other moisturizers that claim they are not oily, but they don't work well for my skin.

Plus isn't Lush handmade? That also makes it more costly because the production is more costly.

• I can see how it can be expensive but those are more like indulgence products... not really meant for every day use, although you could still use it every day if you want/can afford it.
    That being said, the price is alright to me BUT I don't like it. I can't stand the smell every time I pass by a LUSH shop. It's just so "pungent" (can't find a better word right now) to me.

• I spare the money for it. It's one of the few indulgences I allow myself actually. Well I buy the soaps only, nothing else like the shampoos or whatever.

• Re update: Not really. I use their honey flavored one the most and it doesn't dry my skin out.

• Yes. I still want to try their bath bombs tho. But that lip scrub price is ridiculous. Especially when it's so easy to make your own. It's literally sugar and honey. But, you pay for the brand. Everyone knows that.

• Yes it is
    The bath bombs, especially.
    If it's for occasional thing; as in if they buy it occasionally , then not so much; might be affordable compared to other brands/stores. But for weekly/to monthly products, it can get expensive,

• A bath bomb is worth it, those things are fucking incredible to use on occasion. :)

• @Prof_Don Looks cool tbh, but I am not into taking baths so I am indifferent; but I think the cost would add up and be a stretch on some people's budget.

• As an everyday thing, they add up. Some of those bathbombs cost well over $10 CAD and literally go nothing but make your bath water look like unicorn vomit.

• I feel like every good quality product is expensive

• I feel like it's overpriced. Bought products for less money that I loved way more.

• @ update Yes I've bought their soap. Hated it. It made my skin dry and the scent went away IMMEDIATE LY. I really LOVE soap where the scent stays on you for a while.

• *immediately

• The bath bombs are pretty cheap, and soaps are at an average price range. Other Lush products are a bit expensive, true.

• i really like their products

• It's not that expensive.

• It smells amazing, and usually looks super cute as well, but it's not worth the money

• yes it is

• i don't like their stuff. it used to be more popular here but i don't know about now

• There are some things that are affordable but there are some that are quite costly.

• Lush is shit expensive but i still love it

• it's isn't expensive at all

• Yes, I think it's a little too expensive. But if you have the money you can buy it.

• It's not, not at all. The product I use are a lot more expensive than that so