Are navel rings seen as trashy?

I was planning on getting mine done in a few days, One of my friends mentioned how it would make me look like a slut/easy, Now i'm kinda nervous to get it done in fear of looking bad

Most Helpful Girl

• only if you walk round all year round with a massive dangly one in short skirts/shorts with crop tops and massive high heels looking like a stripper. if you dress modestly and show it off in a nice outfit which isn't entirely revealing or in a bikini on the beach, then it's fine :) i have one... they do take a VERY VERY long time to heal properly though!

• I'm a really shy girl, And i thought getting my navel done might be a confidence boost of some sort, Thank you for the comment!

• well it's given me confidence in my stomach :)

What Guys Said 22

• How much time are you willing to put into abs workouts? Cause if you are going to get a navel piercing you kinda need to have at least the skinny outline of abs to pull it off.

• The other important thing is that you keep the metal part simple or it can just look like an eye sore. Navel piercings are one of those things that can look beautiful and sexy if kept simple.

Credit: I got a friend who does belly dancing and this is her suggestions for any girl thinking about getting a navel piercing.

• I agree! I hate the flashy cheap looking ones

• Get a simple cute one that is also easy to clean cause a piercing of any kind can get nasty if not take care of.

• When I was a very young man, there was an expression: "If they smoke, they poke." Smoking was considered improper for good young ladies and, obviously, a girl who smoked would flaunt other conventional wisdom, such as "a girl should be a virgin on her wedding night."

Now, I think the expression is, "If they tattoo it, they do it!" (And I lump tattoos and piercings together.)

• Not trashy, but not my thing

• I judge on actions rather than looks

• Not compared to tramp stamps lol

• i think they look great as long as you're in good shape. I think they only look trashy if a girl has a ton of piercings to begin with and a navel when its just another notch in ur belt.

• nose rings 😱😞🙅

• i wouldn't say they make you look like slut, but yea, I definitely think they are one of the worst piercings to get done.. But if you want it, go for it.

• I would not date a lady with any piercing like that. I just don't like them.

• I love them

• mehhh

• I think if you want something do it. It's for you not them. that being said, I don't jump at the idea of a navel ring.

• I think they're extremely sexy

• I've never disliked belly button piercings, they're the only piercings that I like on a girl.

• In truth, yeah it does kind of in my opinion.

• Yes kinda trashy... Only kind of piercings I like are on your ears.

• Not attractive to me but a lot of guys probably would like it

• no way.. they are cool

• I think it personally makes an individual look trashier, but that's just my opinion. You do what ever makes you happy.👍

• Dope. You should get several rings on your bottom lip, your ears gauged, and big friggin' nipple rings.
    ~some freak

• Don't do it! Pleeeeaaaase don't! 😣

• I like them, I don't understand why some People hate them its weird

What Girls Said 4

• I don't see a point to them if you're not the type to wear belly shirts. It just seems like a potential accident waiting to happen.

• No, and I do not even have one. I think they are nice especially for the beach.

• They're cute. I've had mine done forever. I rarely wear shirts to show it off though, it's kinda one of my little secrets. It only looks trashy, if you dress revealing all the time. Be careful, I accidentally ripped mine out a few months ago. First time that has happened. Didn't even rip the skin, but hurt like hell. Is still healing

• It does look trashy.