Does face matter that much?

i have this major crush on this guy and my friend has already told him. I haven't seen him since but does guys think face matter? I mean a girl could be super fun to hang out with but what if she doesn't look that great? would he ask me out or just never talk to me again because of what I look like?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's all relative. Most girls would think I'm lying if I say they are every bit as pretty as some movie star or model. Some girls get prettier the longer you know them. But each guy and girl have their own things they find attractive. Often it's a combination of things. If he likes you, don't try to analyze why. If he doesn't, it can be worth a bit of time figuring out if you could have handled anything different, but just don't dwell on it. We all have to work with what we were given. A good lesson is a saying about how it's only partly what you say and mostly how you say it. I believe the same applies to how you carry yourself. I guess my point is, wear you hair, makeup and maybe jewelry in a way that works for you. But don't try to rate yourself and don't walk around like there's something wrong with you. One thing that catches my eye is a smile. If you're down, I'm never going to see it.

What Guys Said 1

• Well face does matter to an extent. But it also depends on his personal tastes.

The way I've always described it is "The looks brings me in, and the personality keeps me there"

What Girls Said 3

• Face will matter for the first meeting and whatever. But once you get to know someone, often it doesn't so much anymore. I know lots of people, especially girls, who have to start out in friend zone with a guy, but over time the guys realize that they have way more personality than the super pretty girls and turn their interests to them. Sadly though sometimes it takes time.

• Yes, face does matter for first impression for guys or gals. Don't believe anyone if they said it is all about personality because look is the main thing that drawn guys or gals toward that person in the first place. Personality come later when you guy are trying to get to know each other, whether through friendship or as a lover. For me I think you don't have to be super attractive or pretty to attract guy, just have a good hygiene, well-groomed and confident about yourself.

• Looks do matter but if your just a pretty face with no personality then the relationship won't last. But if he likes then he'll ask you out just be confident and talk to him next time that you see him. Good Luck : ) !