My hair is shoulder-length. How long do you think it'll take for me to grow it this long?

Let's say it stops in the middle of her back.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's about an 8-12 inch difference. Since hair grows about half an inch per month, it will probably take you anywhere from 16-20 months.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1-2 years. It took mine 1.5 years.

• I think you're closer to the mark because her hair seems twice as long as mine. I'm willing to be patient and grow it out but I also don't want unrealistic expectations.

• :-) you are welcome x I think you'd grow the hair in the length of that picture in that time and don't worry time will pass quickly

• Thank you :-* :-)

What Guys Said 9

• Well considering your hair will grow on average 1l2 an inch a month and not knowing how long it is now or exactly how long the hair is on the girl in the photo is you would have to allow a minimum of a year to get anywhere near that

• I would say about a year..

• It may take a time of 6 months to a year at the most.

• more than 7 months i guess

• Who's that in the pic? Her hair is magnificent.

• 1 cm per month is the rule, more or less.

• A few months most likely it all is about how fast your hairs grows

• healthy hair grows 6 inches a year

• 3-6 months

What Girls Said 6

• Depends on the hair and the person. If your hair is healthy it should grow much faster, those with extremely damaged hair usually suffer from not being able to grow out their hair. To make your hair grow, do weekly hair masks to give it nutrients and make it healthier. I've heard rubbing your scalp with warm coconut oil does wonders for hair growth as well. Trimming your split ends every month to every three months will also be good as well. For me, my hair was to my mid back about 5 months ago and now its to my belly button.

• A few years maybe. I donated my hair when I was 18 (it was just above shoulders), and I haven't cut it since other than occasional trims. I'm 24 now and it's about 3/4 the way down my back.

So from shoulders to halfway down your back may take perhaps 3 years?

• Nice to see. I have donated my hair twice now and will do again when I grow it out

• Hair usually grows 6 inches per year roughly.

• i think it takes 5-6 months

• Well to grow it from roots to shoulder length it's about 2 years so go by that I suppose. Obviously depends on each person, though.

• I had a pixie and that did take about 2 years. II'm taking hair vitamins so hopefully that will speed it up too:)

• Coconut oil and hair massages (done by yourself) won't do any harm :)

• Hm it took me about 6 months to get my hair that long.