What s your opinion on people who wesr branded clothes?

I ve been having this debate with @yumix
Where he sees it as a waste and I don t.
I like quality 😝😝 and if you can afford it then why not.

1235

Most Helpful Guy

• Look, branded doesn't mean 'quality'. I use both and the quality is indistinguishable and sometimes, cheap local clothes just take the things very seriously and never get ripped or lose their printing while branded clothes apparently have a lifetime. But sometimes, branded products are superb.

Branded clothes just make us feel good. We paid lots of money so, we think that we're going to get the quality in return. But it's not. It's the same piece of fabric. They charge you more because of advertising, reputed designers, showroom decoration and facilities, convenience, size availability and warranty.

Personally, I wear branded clothes because... good parents lol and sometimes I buy cheap local clothes if they look something like what I've been searching for or if the offer is very tempting.

What do I think about such people? Nothing. I don't care as long as they look good. Honestly, I cannot even tell if a women is wearing branded clothes or not (no in case of men because of obvious reasons). If someone is wearing branded clothes, I would like that because it gives me an impression that he/she loves to keep oneself beautiful, fashionable, luxurious and doesn't hesitate in spending on oneself and who doesn't like rich people lol. If someone doesn't buy branded clothes, I'm okay with that too because they're smart enough to save money (if they have it in the first place).

• Sort off my point
      I mix of both but I prefer brands for various reasons.
      And I ve been raised like that so it s sort off my lifestyle kn a way.
      The name of the brand also add status
      Status means more wealth and power lol

• do you agree with everything he said or only the second half? hahaha

Most Helpful Girl

• A tee with jeans looks good but I do love Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, American Eagle, Abercrombie, and Hollister as well

What Guys Said 34

• Usually, branded does mean better quality. I've found this with jeans, shoes, shirts and jackets. They seem to last that much longer and the fit and styles are a bit more attractive on the body and in general functionality.

However, I hate how you have to pay like 100 dollars more for like one brand name of jean than another. Even though the quality isn't really that much better or much more distinguishable. Also, I remember this guy, who was like still in High School was bragging about his Louis Vuitton belt. It was $60 fucking dollars. I could think of better things to use $60 on. But when it comes to this, it's all about image and trying to portray you're ballin. But no one in High School really balls unless you're Mark Zuckerberg (oh forgot this wasn't facebook). When you are just buying brand names just for the sake of having that emblem on your jeans or that alligator on your shirt, than maybe your priorities are getting a bit more materialistic and superficial.

But either than that, usually, branded items are of better quality, unless you get something directly hand made for you.

• I agree with @Yumix it is a waste lol, the only thing your really buying most of the time is the brand name that's all, I've bought clothes that were of a lower and cheaper brand and they were just as good quality wise if not better.

And the better the brand name the more expensive it's going to be.

It's all about status nothing more.

• Cause money doesn't buy you class. you're either sophisticated, or you're not. Buying some top brand shit won't change that.

• I like quality as well. I just need to get on that engineering salary already so I can afford it baha.

• I see it as a waste. I have this close friend of mine who wears many high quality expensive clothes. I used to say to him 5/6 years ago at school "you're a waste man" or "it is not worth it, they're just clothes". My view still hasn't changed.

• If the logo is big and visible then I think that's just advertising, designer can be good but that shouldn't be 100%of your clothesπŸ˜‚

• Branded clothes are manufactured by the same factory in Bangladesh that "no brand" clothes are being manufactured in at the same time, they just stick a brand sticker onto it and sell it to fools who think they are buying something extra.

• I think they want to feel fabulous.

• If you can afford , why not?-----This is a very bad type of reasoning. Buy it not because you can afford it. But buy it because it satisfies your perceptions of need to wear comfortable clothing which are good to look at and gives you maximum satisfaction. Affordability should only perform the function of enabling you to make choices , but if your best choice is not highly priced and very affordable and cheep , still you need to buy it. You cannot decline to buy it because it is cheap and non branded.

• lol why did you not tell me about this xD

I'm NOT against branded clothes in general. my point is that from a certain price on... you pay mostly for the brand and not for quality.

$10 jeans vs $100 jeans? sure, most likely not only better quality, but with the cheap stuff the workers also get paid shit.

$100 jeans vs $300 jeans? you pay 99% of the up-price for the brand name, margin and probably maybe for the country they are produced in. But You can't tell me that a $300 or $200 makes much of a difference in terms of look and feel.

• Most of that is just ego and showing off. You're mainly paying for the brand name. The clothes aren't better in terms of design and durability than non-branded ones.

• I thick its tacky to wear clothes with big brand names on it, i feel like everyone is in high school when they care about flashy clothes and car too much.

• If they have the money go for it

• I am divided on this. πŸ˜‰. Since I will usually wear brands too. πŸ˜›. However no name brands are equally capable too yo. 😜.

• Depends on the pricing to be honest, Β£50 for Jeans? expensive yes but still worth it, Β£200 for some just beacuse they are made by Armani. Waste

Only thing i will conceed on is for formal wear that when you need to pay more

• I agree with him, overspending is a waste.

• Because in all reality it is NOT quality. They are literally no different from any other clothes of the same type except they're made more expensive for no reason other than the brand.

Kind of like iPhones.

• Generally the things without flashy logos have the most quality, like Burberry and Brioni. Almost without exception stuff like LV is better than Michael Kors. I prefer to buy nice clothes once, as opposed to cheap clothes 3 times.

• I think it's waste @Yumix is right you don't need to chase brand for quality,. Some non branded clothes have quality which later become a brand,.. If you are chasing top brands you are just wasting money!..

• Just most of the time expensive branded clothes have the exact same quality or even worse than cheap off brand clothes. If they really are good quality, then I dont mind spending a little extra on them. But other than that, i dont care for them
    Unless we're talking about shoes lol I can't wear any knock off shoes

• Just cuz you can afford it doesn't mean it's worth it. Test yourself and see if you can really tell a difference on the feel because it's a different brand. Have someone take off all the name brand stuff without completely damaging the clothes then having you try them on. If you can legitimately tell a difference and think the name brand feels better than keep buying this. I remember my sister doing that as a kid. In middle school she always wanted Abercrombie or American Eagle or Holister jeans and HATED Old Navy for whatever reason. One day my dad bought one pair from all the stores I listed but got rid of the name brand stuff and had her try them on blindfolded so she can't pay attention to the jeans and be able to tell which is which. She first said she liked the old navy ones the best then when we told her they were old navy she said "wait, no I meant this one". Because it's name brand people tend to think they like it more

• I wear both, sometimes my T-shirts are chevy shirts from walmart, others are hugo boss and banana republic. However I don't spend more than necessary and often buy second hand then tailor such as dress shirts and even a few suits that retail in the thousands such as giorgio armani

• I don't care. If they want to spend money on that, let them. Expensive, I can buy something that also works for cheaper so

• I wear decathlon tshirts for gym as well as casually. I am good both ways with that.

• If you can't see the logo on the clothes, then it's not a problem. If you can though, it's tacky. You aren't anyone's billboard. Don't pay Hollister to let you advertise for them.

• I don't know a lot of named brand stuff looks better but lately I've come to realize that we might actually be paying for the name. Like there are fake replicas of name brand clothes and the replicas are almost identical to name brand almost with the same quality so its like wtf. I've seen replica dre beats that look like they are better then the real thing you know

• Yeah I like quality things.. but nah if its too expensive ;D I have a friend who spent 350 Liras to a "T-shirt".. stupidy.

• that they are rich
    i guess

• Couldn't care less. If you bought $200 shoes I'd probably laugh at you

• My shoes i just bought are brand name and very expensive for sandals
    but..
    i like them.. it represents my favorite sports team/player

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 11

• I'm mixed. It's easier for me to find things that i like when i look at brands bc they usually have something that is pretty, good quality and my style. However i never go shopping with the intent to buy something that is of a certain brand or expensive, in fact when i buy something expensive i try not to buy much else for some time so i dont just throw money away and it has to be something i really like and dont think i can find elsewhere. All in all i just look for something i like and my closet shows that. It's a mix of expensive and inexpensive clothes. Makes me think of this suuuper cute top i bought for 8 $ on sale yesterday lol inexpensive AND cute, what more could you wish for?πŸ˜‹

• Just cause it's branded with a well known name doesn't mean it's quality material.

• I love quality but that doesn't mean expensive brands necessarily

• I agree with @Yumix lol

• I mean, it totally depends on the brand. Not all havw quality and many are manufactured with child labour.

• I agree with you.

• Nothing really, as I also wear those sometimes. I am neutral about them.
    Mostly my t shirts are not branded.
    Jeans are like 50-50...
    But dresses and all - branded definitely. Their
    looks and all don't match cheap clothes, that's my humble opinion.
    But even among branded stuff, I never go for really expensive brands like Prada and all obviously.
    My branded shopping is limited to F21, Zara, Marks and Spencer, And , Vero Moda etc.

• I agree with you! I love the quality and if you can afford it why not?

• our debate wasn't about quality, it was about expensive brands. my point was that you can still get good looking high quality stuff if it's not from an expensive brand where you pay extra for name, marginns and marketing

• @Yumix I am not sure if that's 100% true I have bought some stuff that looked good but it wore out or broke quickly

• People had that happen with expensive brands too, does that mean that they are all shit? No. You can't generalise it like that. And I'm not talking about cheap stuff like a 10€ jeans. I'm talking 100€ jeans vs. 200€ jeans. The change in cotton quality has minimal effect on the price. Brand name, margins, country of production, marketing, quantity, etc. Those are the factors which have a big influence on the price. Especially for jeans you can find many information and documentaries on how they are made and the differences between expensive and cheap ones.

And with many other clothes it's similar. Sure, if you use satin it gets more expensive than with a cheaper cloth, but that's not my point. What I'm saying is that you can get a less expensive brand which uses the same materials and has the same overall quality and hot don't pay extra for the name

• Branded clothes aren't higher quality though. They're just more expensive. A guy's suit is a perfect example, buying from a tailor is cheaper and higher quality than buying a Michael Kors. People just like to be snobby and think they're important because they can buy more expensive stuff.

• i think they have money lol

• I consider it a waste of money. That's just me though. I used to care about brand names when I was younger, but now I seriously consider it a waste