Girls should we use Powder and Primer on Makeup?

I removed Concealer from my Makeup steps looking to remove these 2 if they are not necessary

211

Most Helpful Guy

• You should have the ability to use everything in the right way if and when require.. See what suits you and go with that. Everyone will not like it the same way.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't have to use them if you don't want to but they do serve a purpose. Primer helps prepare your skin for makeup. It helps makeup blend better, wear longer, can prevent creasing, etc. Powder helps "set" makeup so it will stay put during the day. Some people use it to help minimize shine too.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 20

• A primer isn't necessary if you have smooth even toned skin, and a good foundation. I never use it. As long as you wear a SFP Moisturiser that's sufficient

If you use a power it's best to use a mineral powder ( it's talc free) mineral powders don't set in fine lines ( if a person has them) They don't clog up pores, and look more natural because it's finer than other types of face powders. It can help to set makeup so if used minimally and sparingly it can look natural. If someone has oily skin and it's applied to the oily areas it can help keep the oil at bay for a while.

I always believe in " less is more" it's not necessary to use a lot of different products on your skin under or over makeup.

. Skin changes due to age and weather temperatures so it's best to adapt your skincare routine to those changes.

• Eeeh I feel like my makeup starts to look like crap with both of those gone. I have both dry patches and oily patches on my face and primer helps with both and powder helps the oily parts. What other products do you use?

If you are trying to elimate as many steps as possible from your makeup and are OK with a more natural finish with less coverage, try using a BB cream or tinted moisturizer. Those would work the best when wanting to not use powder or primer.

Or, if you really hate makeup, don't use it. Healthy diet, exercise, sleep, and emotional well being usually grants good skin.

• It really depends on your skin tone. Concealer is used a lot in make up routines to cover up blemishes. Primer is used to even out skin tone and used as a base to easily apply your foundation with. Powder? It can sometimes create "cakeyness." I don't even have any powder in my makeup box, I stay clear from powders and ought for setting spray. Which does the same thing as powder but it keeps your makeup looking freshly applied throughout the day.

In my opinion I would not use powder. I would bring back concealer and invest in setting spray

• It depends.

Primer: used to make foundation apply more evenly and last longer. If you're happy with just your foundation, there's no reason to use it

Powder: it can replace foundation, if you don't need much coverage. Or you can put it over your T-zone to avoid it looking shiny, or on your whole face if it's summer and your face gets too oily. If you like glowy skin, if your skin is dry or normal, then you don't need it

• This is a personal choice. I don't use primer for everything but I will if I am using a more dewy foundation. I tend to use powder more as I don't wear foundation every day but I might do a light dusting of powder everyday.

• i dont think they are necessary. i usually spray just a little hair spray to make it last and it works pretty well...

• Yes. The primer helps you remove all those scars, eye bags and pimples that distract everyone from your pretty eyes, and Powder just adds a tinge of naturalness to the whole look. No Primer, then say hello to all the pimples and greasy oil that appears on your face after applying no protection whatsoever to your face. No powder, I think it's best to use Powder to give yourself a certain COLOUR, so without Primer, you might not be able to mix and match to get the perfect blend of colours. No Without either one of them, things will get awkward. Trust me, I speak from experience, though you should try not to add heavy layers of those two either. That'll be a whole diffrent story altogether -_-

• If you want your makeup to last for a long time, then yes primer and powder are necessary. Other than that, they aren't really needed, unless you want a glowy matte finish, then using a translucent powder in the under eye is good. Powder and primer will always be an extra. If you have great skin you're good to go with just foundation.

• well it depends if you got oily skin you have use powder but for a normal skin tone its an option if you want dewy or matte finished. but if you want to make your make up last longer i use primer then i powder before i put my foundation so i won't look shiny on my t zone and it makes my makeup long lasting

• I feel like primer is important, because it preps the skin. However I don't use it much because I run out way too fast. And I don't really like using powder, not even to set my undereyes. I have dry skin, so when it settles it just looks gross & when I try to "bake" since I have bags it settles in those lines as well!

• I use spray primer and I bake with powder yes but only bc my eyes are gross and need the extra TLC

I'd say use primer but if you don't use foundation either then cut both out.

• Well you need powder if you get oily and primer just evens out your skin texture and makes the makeup last longer.

• I use under eye concealer and I use an under eye primer. Mainly because the concealer creases. The primer also doubles as an eye cream. I don't use anything else.

• primer and foundation.

i don't think concealer is necessary.

• Primer is good

• Yes, yes yes!!

• primer is a must but if you dont care about your make up lasting then i guess you dont need to , primer stops your make up being cakey and prepares your skin for make up so i dont get why you wouldn't use it and powder depends on your skin type to be honest, if youve got oily skin then youd need to use powder to stop the oil so you should ask yourself

• the less is the better

• I never do. I do not need it. At least, not yet. I might have other faults, but I was lucky enough to be blessed with clear skin.

• Never worn makeup so not a clue...