Does anyone still use bar soap over liquid?

Maybe a stupid question, I know they sell lots of it, but bar soap just seems so messy now that liquid in a bottle seems more pleasing... just curious?

Most Helpful Guy

• I use a body wash in the shower with a loofa? Bar soap in the bathroom and dishwashing liquid in the kitchen lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I use both but I love bar soap, it cleans my skin way better than liquid soap. I usually alternate though because I can get dry skin so I try not to over clean too often. So I scrubbed using bar soap last night so this morning and later this evening when I shower I'll use a shower cream as my skin doesn't need such a deep clean.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 25

• Most liquid soap (except dish detergent like dawn) has not just soap, but also moisturizers (aka oil) in it. When I just want to get clean, and not moisturized, I prefer bar soap.

Also, my kids used to make a big mess out of bar soap by trying to squeeze the bars. Somehow, they grew out of that. What they seem incapable of growing out of, though, is making a big mess of liquid soap. They always drip it over the container, the sink, etc. Furthermore, the soap container needs regular cleaning, the bar of soap is self-cleaning.

It isn't quite a liquid -- more a paste -- but paste hand cleaner can be much more effective than even bar soap on removing grease and intense grime. Sure, there are bar soaps with pumice, but even those don't have the solvents that some hand cleaner pastes do.

• Over the sinks = Liquid soap
    In the shower = Bar soap

Liquid soap: Less messy, more hygienic, more effective for me and way more comfortable.

Bar soap: Some certain brands for my face and body specially my face, a good way to protect my face against unnecessary pimples since i have one of those stupid sensitive skins.

• soap?

• I use Lush soaps so yeah, even my shampoo is in bars.

Although there is also bottled stuff for the kitchen and downstairs bathroom.

• I have a few nice bar of boutique soaps I bought from around the world and an artisan soap I bought from a nice little art shop by the pier.
    I don't really use them but I like soap... they smell nice... huh... guess I'm a soap collector now.

• Yep. Old Spice and Irish Spring make good bar soap.

• Still rockin' the Irish Spring baby... bar form.

• Bar soap contains alcohol, so after the gym I try to scrub down real good to get all the dirty bacteria off of me. It dries my skin out in the winter time though.

• Bar soap only, cleans better and dries the skin.
    I have very greasy skin, and the oil based moisturizing shower gels just make it worse.

• Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

• I use bar the Dove bar soap for shaving lol I find it's much softer and works better for softening my beard.

• Absolutely. I only use bar soap. There's less chemical bullshit in bar soap than liquid soap. Plus it's cheaper.

• Not for a long time, now you mention it.

• I use both

• I use bar soap, lol. Everyone has their preferences I guess.

• Yup, I only use ivory soap bars

• I don't care. Whatever works.

• bar soap comes in a card sleeve... liquid in a plastic bottle. im an enviromentalist

• I use. Because I feel my hands oily after washing them with liquid soap

• bar soap is the worst i'm glad its slowly fading away haha

• Yes use Dial soap faithfully , liquid is too girly for me i am a MAN. Haahhaha jk jk jk

• I used to till I found old spice swagger body wash

• Nah I use shower gel for showers

• Yes with bar soap, but with a washcloth.

• You do realise that liquid soaps have more carcinogens in them and can predispose you to skin cancer right?

What Girls Said 18

• I used to buy an antibacterial liquid soap. I read the information written on the bottle, and it clearly stated that it is harmful to aquatic animals. Once I use it up, I'm going to revert to soap bars. The less chemical ingredients the better.

• It's funny because I use body wash, and I bought my boyfriend a bottle like 9 months ago because he was staying over at my apartment before we moved in together so he could shower. He, for whatever reason, prefers bar soap and only occasionally uses the body wash I bought him. Lol. So some people do.

• Loved Irish Spring bars but tub didn't = the talc in bar soap makes... what is it called? ... not grime... anyway on the tub walls almost impossible to remove, even with Bon Ami
    Softsoap forever, besides it makes for a great bubble bath is whirlpool is on

• You'd think body wash (liquid soap) would be more messy lol I use just that as you can lather yourself up more efficiently then a bar of soap.

I use goats milk soap with exfoliating beads from those body shops (they smell so delicious and really great for your skin) whenever I have one that is :)

• We use bar soaps from the market, the home made ones. It's not my choice, my husband loves "fancy soap" and he cleans the bathroom so I don't really care what we use 😜

• I do. Expecially for my face. But I read article about body wash and how it isn't really cleaning you... probably not true, but it's stuck in my head. Bar soap!

• I love bar soap. I carry one around with me just in case of emergencies...

• currently use bar soap for my face
    used to use one for the shower as well but switched to liquid since the shower i'm using collects soap scum very easily

• I only use a bar of soap when washing my hands but for everything else I use liquid/shower gel.

• I still regularly use a bar of Dove soap.

• nah, it dries out my skin

• I feel cleaner using a bar

• i have bar hand soap in no.5

• nope i don't use soap

• I use both, dépends wwhere and when.

• I prefer liquid

• i use bar soap

• I use it very rarely.