Can every guy grow a nice and full beard?

Like this? Or does it depend on each guy?

Is it only after a certain age? I always see younger guys with *really* thin beards.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not me, I'm half-Japanese, only half-Caucasian, and I can't get that kind of hair growth on the side of my face. I wish I could because I really like that look. I got more facial hair than most Japanese people.

If I didn't shave for a couple of months, I might be able to get to this stage:

i.huffpost.com/.../...ONARDO-DICAPRIO-facebook.jpg

... but like Leo there, I can't get the side of my face filled in. I can't get to the kind of Clint Eastwood stage which I think is so badass:

www.essentialstyleformen.com/.../..._Eastwood2.jpg

• Damn, I've got the same type of hair as Clint. No matter how much product I put in it goes its own way... it's a sentient being lol

Most Helpful Girl

• nope, some guys can't I think. Thus, I kinda don't like the saying if he can't grow a beard, he isn't a man. But not sure if it's just a joke. It might be. : p

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 32

• It's genetics that determine how many hair follicles are on the face. And even then the quality of the hair can vary. Not every one can.

• Generally it comes down to genetics, age, and hormones. My brothers and my Dad's facial hair is patchy and one of them has thin hairs, mine is full, dense, and grows in pretty fast. Like if I let it grow out, get's like the second picture, but my chin isn't completely covered like in the first picture. I've been able to grow a beard since I was in the 8th grade though. So the answer is that no, a lot of people can't, but that MIGHT change with age

• Do all girls have d-cup tits or does it depend on each girl?

• No, Took me forever to grow even a decent beard, and hear from others that can barely grow anything.. Genetics.

• It depends on age, nutrition and genetics. Older men will have thicker beards because of DHT it causes beard growth. Not the amounts of DHT but how your body responds to it, thats where the genetics comes into play. Of course malnourished men can't grow beards. Food intake is important as well.

• Nah I can't.. It's gotten less patchy with age so I think eventually I'll get there. I barely started growing serious facial hair until I was like 22-24.

I don't come from a hairy family in general.

• It does get a little thicker when you're older but I still can't grow much of one and my hair is blonde

• No some guys can grow a whole full garden in their face, and on me it just looks like I drew my beard on with a pencil😂😂

• Not every guy can. I can't (at least at my age). There's men that will always have a patchy beard.

• No, we don't all have the right genes for it.

• No, i can only grow everything but my cheek hairs (fully). Yet my brother can grow a full beard. I think its 25 when your full beard is matured and your growth stops, some guys hit that mark at a younger age though

• It varies. My beard had bald spots and one entire side was thicker than the other up until I was 45 or so. I couldn't grow more than peach fuzz up until 24. Apparently I age slower than usual. Is there such a thing as the opposite of progeria?

• Nope. I can do it, though most of my friends can't. They're always making fun of me saying I've got a Pornstar beard haha

• Not every guy can but I would say a majority of men can

• Nope

• Not every guy can do that, a lot of it falls to genetics.

• I look like fucking Hagrid.

• Haha no, if I could I would. I think in a couple years I will be able to grow a bit of one, but probs never a full one.

• Haha nope not a chance.

• no not every guy, mine is not even close to that

• mine is always like these

• it's genetics so not every guy can

• nope i can't grow a full beard

• I'm 18 and I never had a beard D:

• Well im 17 and i I'd say that i can grow a full beard like them

• No, genetics.

• No, we can't

• I can't even grow stubble

• probably i am lucky in that matter

• Depends on their genes. Some guys just oout of high school can have a really thick beard, and others never can.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 5

• No not everyone, no matter how old you are, some men just can't grow FULL beards.

• And such men who don't get thick full beards naturally are lucky and better, isn't it?

• @multiilevel I disagree, I can grow a full beard but I hate it. I have always been a clean shaven kind of guy.

• Not everyone can be bearded wonders, amirite, @ifarted?

• No not every guy can.

• this is a really interesting question, no i dont think so. i love beards tho lol

• Not every guy can. For example, my brother lol