Ladies, do brands matter when it comes to men's clothing?

Please elaborate on your decision. Thanks a bunch!

• Definitely or else I ain't even looking/talking to you!!!
  • Of course not! As long as you're comfortable with it and you look good :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a guy (obviously), but I just wanted to comment on the perceptions of brand name clothing. I like the comment that states that "the brand doesn't matter; style does" because that's really what its all about. However, often times a particular brand may produce a certain style that accentuates a particular person's features/personality. Also, when comparing name brand/more expensive clothing to cheaper clothing, one does have to consider the level of quality. Many 'brand names' truly do produce higher quality products that have a significant effect on the visual appearance of the item, directly reflecting on style. I agree with the 'billboard' thing, as well. I think it is a little ostentatious and shallow. Brands like Armani Exchange for instance are not, from my experience of any significantly higher quality than many shopping mall brands. Its not bad, but not GREAT, like the 'real' Armani brands (Giorgio, Emporio, etc.). Mens' suits are a prime example of 'getting what you pay for', in general. A handmade suit made from Italian silk constructed by a greatly experienced tailor IS going to cost way more than an off the rack midrange suit bought in the mall, but it IS going to look way better and last way longer.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that the idea of someone wearing a brand name isn't important, but that an item being labeled under a brand name often indicates that it is of superior quality and presents greater style. Not all the time, but often.

• Ya, I agree with the fact more expensive brands are usually of higher quality but what if the quality of two products were the same but one just cost more and is more of a popular brand, then does it matter?

What Girls Said 6

• A little, yes. I can't answer your poll question because I don't fully agree with either of them, lol. I agree with what pezzonovante said down there, in that the well known brands are often more expensive for a reason. Their products are usually made with good quality materials and their shirts won't fall apart or unravel in the wash. When a guy wears the brand right, than it's perfect, and I don't mean just physically. I know so many guys that will wear the Armani shirts and just come off as complete assholes, but then I also know guys who just wear the shirts and act totally normal. No flashy sunglasses or anything else that makes them look like a diva. But yes, honestly, I will probably look first at the guy in the Armani shirt than the guy in the K-mart shirt. Not only does it look good, but it means he has money, and we all know that's an attraction factor.

• Nope. I don't especially care what brand a guy wears, although if a guy always has some brand across his shirt, he just looks like a walking billboard to me, and that's not attractive.

• nope not at all as long as the clothes they were looks good and suits them

• The brand doesn't matter; style does.

• to me it does.

• I'm not a snob. You could be wearing a nice shirt that you got from the Dollar General, and it wouldn't matter to me. As long as it fits right, and you wear it with confidence, it's hot.

What Guys Said 0