What are the biggest style turn-ons/offs for women?

My sense of style is fairly poor, as I'm guessing is the case for many men. What are some do's/don'ts in regards to style that can influence how attractive a man is?

By the way, I'm reading all the answers and appreciate the advice, even though I'm not responding to individual posts.

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess saying "normal" clothes wouldn't really help. Nice fitting jeans (No sagging bullsh*t) And regular tsh*ts (Led Zeppelin.. you can't go wrong with) For going out, maybe a nice button down shirt with stitching running up and down.. (makes you look thinner.. and looks great with jeans) sandals and socks are NEVER okay. You can pretty much bet that anything from decades aren't a good idea either, 80's 90's... Other than that... I'm sure nice jeans and shirts would work just fine. :] nothing too extravagant.

What Girls Said 7

• Do NOT wear flip flops lol I hate flip flops on anyone but it's kinda a deal breaker for me if he wear flip flops ughhhh they're so hideous

• Style turn offs would be: anything really badly fitting - too loose or too short are never good; clothes plastered with the brand name (especially Ed Hardy, Affliction, etc.); any of those tee shirts with douchey sayings; bad hygiene; basically anything you'd wear for sports or hunting (including camo) if you're not doing that activity.

Anything else is basically okay.

• socks in sandals... short shorts, speedos, tucking your shirt in and having a high waistline

extremely baggy pants or like super tights...

dirty hair, bad smell (stink)

those are turn offs...

• Punks! Piercings, mohawks a few tats. And confidence to pull it off

if you have a good body a tight shirt and baggy jeans Work :-) :-)

• when a guy is wearing the same jeans as me.. and they look like their about the same size and sandals

• I think a backwards baseball cap is a TOTAL turn on.

plus if you smell good too..

Do not wear clothes that are the same color, or similar colors. lol they don't match & they never will.

• Of course a guy's sense of style or lack thereof is going to affect is overall attractiveness. It's part of the overall package. If a guy doesn't dress well, it depletes from the aesthetic.

I can't stand when guys wear socks with sandals, wear entirely too baggy or tight skinny jeans, or wear clashing colors, wear clothes with holes and rips in shirts or pants from wear and tear, wear God awful old sneakers. Those are just some major fashion faux-paus in my opinion.

If your lack a fashion sense, look to magazines with male celebrities in them. Or just go with a white t-shirt, (good) band t-shirt, some dark wash jeans and some Converses. That's my fave look.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 4

• As long as your clothes aren't baggy or poorly fitting, & ESPECIALLY if YOU feel like you look nice, you'll do fine. I don't like when a girl knots her shirt or tucks it half in-half out, but I can live with either & wouldn never turn away or hurt a girl for doing it...

• Go clothes shopping with a GIRL that wears nice clothes...

• When a girl knots her shirt or tucks the front in & not the back. Actually, it's kind of a turnoff when a girl leaves her shirt COMPLETELY untucked, but since most girls don't have the sense to tuck it in & look neat rather than sloppy I've been forced to learn to live with it...

• Very simply things. Like for me, I always brush my teeth three times a day, shower either once or twice a day. Always make sure my hair isn't all over the place. I make sure, I look presentable, and I strive to look my best at all times.

P.S. I'm not gay, I just care about my appearance.