So personally I think tattoos on small of back look pretty good provided you dress right, and I don't mean like skanky. I know, some people call this a tramp stamp but...what do you think?

I'm just looking for opinion. I'm not actually going to get one- pain scares me. I'm 16 if that helps.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know you say you aren't going to get a tattoo, but you've probably entertained the notion of getting one yourself, so just remember:

Since you are 16, you'll most likely need your parents' permission legally to get a tattoo.

Just be sure it's something you want. Forever and ever. It's going to be permanent, unless down the road you're willing to go through countless horribly painful hours and much more money than you paid for your original tattoo in laser removal treatment costs.

If YOU think a tattoo on the small of YOUR back would look good, then go for it. It shouldn't matter what other people think, it's YOUR body. You can do with it what you please.

I personally think tattoos on the lower back look really sexy.

I have two tattoos and am deathly afraid of needles and a wuss in the pain department. But it's tolerable.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 7

• Tattoos started out as a way to express one's self and be different. Now, everyone gets almost identical tattoos (Tribal armbands, Chinese symbols, flower related tramp stamps, music notes, and stars). In my opinion, if you want a tattoo, make it your own. I respect the tattoos that are expressing the loss of a loved one or show dedication to something, but when you get a tattoo just to get one, it makes no sense to me.

• Well I think it will be a while before people will start to see a tattoo in that position as just art and that's it. I on the other hand can appreciate all tattoos that people put on their bodies. I also think that it can be misconstrued. Sometimes the small of the back can just be seen as the best spot to put a tattoo. It all depends on the person.

• I saw two tattoos that made me laugh. One was on her lower back that said "My name is Kelly" and the other was on her shoulders upside down and said the same thing.

OMG I actually found it... link

• Those tattoos look gross. When I see one It makes me think the same thing I think when I see one on a man that the person has some thug tendencys that they have a lack of foresight and self control

• Yeah I agree that it's a tramp stamp. Why would a woman ruin her back with a tattoo.

• I don't like tattoos on girls...just my opinion :)

• My mom has a tattoo on her that reads- "son"...

Let that sink in for a minute.

What Girls Said 6

• Don't get a tramp stamp. I'm a tattooed girl (but I'm in my twenties). I would definitely wait until you're out of high school, at least be 18 or 19 when you get your first one. Really think it over. I would get tattooed on a place that could be easily covered up. I have tats on my legs and wrist, and the back of my neck. I would recommend a place that isn't very visible if you don't wanna deal with the remarks. Get a small one, for the first one, with some type of significance. I have tats that represent my parents, and I know I'll never regret them. YOu only live once. Do what makes you happy, and screw what other people think, it's not their body. Also tats can be removed eventually if you think later down the road it was a horrible decision. Oh yeah, remember to go to a reputable place, and shell out some $ if you want it done right. Best of luck!

• I think the problem with tattoos on the lower back is partly that they are in a pretty sexual part of the body (at least out of the ones that most people get tattooed) and they're really hard to hide. If they were easy to hide or not on a sexual part of the body, they might not seem so trashy. I know that having a tattoo on the lower back doesn't mean a girl is slutty- but it adds to that view of her.

• Well if you truly want one I think you should get it of course,with parent consent if you plan on doing it soon and I call it a tramp stamp but I don't mean it that way because I'm getting one when I turn 18 and as for the pain I hate pain but I tolerated enough to get my nose pierced its not bad if you can b distracted and if ur 2 scared don't do it

• A lot of people find that slutty. But what you said is correct, I think if you show it off right, it's ok. Sooo, like wearing bathing suits to show it is totally fine... but low rise jeans + a short shirt = SKANK, and it's not attractive. I would actually consider getting one when I'm an adult, I like them worn correctly.

• i don't have a tramp stamp, but I have a tattoo on my lower back near my hip. I love it! I also think its retarded that people call girls sluts because of a position of their tattoo. People are just ignorant.

• Depends on what you get, but chances are it will look trampy, especially at your age.