Girls with style-- could I please get some makeover advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, so for clothes? You said you're pear shaped, but a size three so I don't think you really need to worry too much about looking heavy! Stick to dark wash, straight leg or boot cut jeans and skirts that float away from the body or A-line skirts but no mini's and stay away from patterns, zippers, cargo pockets etc. As for tops, strapless, off the shoulder or anything like that which will make your shoulders look wider and better proportioned. If you want more detailed on clothes, just let me know why type of look you like. For instance, do you want a more Charlotte Russe/Forever 21 or more mature or kind of punk/skater or more prep, jock etc etc.

For your hair I would suggest going to a real salon if you can afford it because the stylists are trained to know what looks best for your face shape. If you can't, I suggest that you don't let it get too long since you have a long, more oval face and long hair will drag you down.

I agree with Minden that less is more with Makeup. The whole point is to look naturally beautiful and use makeup to enhance, not create a whole new face. Since you have gorgeous skin in my opinion don't layer any face makeup on unless it's for special occasions (you'll only end up with bad skin from all the junk, trust me). Green eyes usually look best with warm colored shadows, browns, copper, dark greens but I'm going to suggest you stay away from going too dark on the everyday just because with the way your face is, it will make your eyes looks smaller and sunk in. Try a medium brown to golden brown eye shadow from your lash line to a bit above your crease. Stay away from black eyeliner/mascara I would try chocolate brown and just on top plus mascara.

I also agree a natural tan helps a lot, don't bronze or fake tan just try to get some color.

I hope I helped some, let me know if you need anything else :)

• It's von Minden. -_- Sorry, but it annoys me when people call me Minden. :P

What Guys Said 6

• I know you asked for a girl's advice, but I would like to point out a few things from a guy's perspective:

1. Your Hair

It isn't bad, but it seems it's thick and everywhere. Try getting it thinned out and styled. Something that adds volume, but doesn't make your head look big.

2. You mentioned you have a pearshaped body

Girls like to show off what they have, do the same. Highlight your attributes, and do not be ashamed of your "short commings." They don't matter! At all. Look at what's selling at

3. Make up

Make up is fine and dandy, but it doesn't matter. A little bit here and there does not hurt, but everyday loading on makeup is unattractive and trashy. The most attractive thing is for a girl to get a nice NATURAL tan. And by natural, I mean just hanging outside with friends, and getting a tan without tanning. Fake baked girls are not attractive. It's unnatural and really noticeable.

Hope this helps. :)

• Forgot to add the rest to #2, look at what is popular in trendy(god I feel old saying that, but I couldn't find another synonym for the word that wasn't popular. :D ) stores. Build of a mental catalog of what you like, and don't like. Just don't be afraid to push your boundaries a bit. :)

• just had to say.. there's no sense in posting as anon when you're linking to your youtube videos. everyone on this site knows who you are =P

• You make a good point, but I doubt I'm very popular on this site. I'm sure not many people have seen me.

• Youd be surprised. and you have your sister to thank for that.

• Oh yes...her. Hehe.

• you are cute the only thing you might need to do is go to the beauty salon and wear some sexy clothes but don't start with the excess makeup that would be a no no

• Try tanning you def have potential just play around with make up and different colors that accent your skin. I give my wife outstanding advice all the time lol

• You are pretty, just go to the mall and buy some pretty clothes, a little makeup, and maybe dye your hair, (blonder, redish, or black) that will make you feel different.

You don't need much change.

BUT PLEASE DO NOT TAN, FAKE ORANGE SKIN IS DISGUSTING!

• you look really great

What Girls Said 18

• You are pretty, you just need to play up your features. Have fun with your style, don't be afraid to get creative or expressive with what you wear. Try different hairstyles, maybe try out a new cut. You don't have to be an expert at applying makeup, sometimes some light powder, an eyelash curler, mascara, and gloss can make a major difference alone. If you want to dress up your wardrobe, try staying away from too many tshirts or sweatshirts. They can add bulk or look drabby. I can't say what specifically you should wear- everyone's style is different. Pick something a little dressier and that you feel comfortable in. You seem very confident, and that is probably the most important thing of all. All the makeup and outfits in the world won't help if you don't have confidence!

• i think that you are naturally pretty bt you should definitely get more layers to frame your face, maybe even an inch shorter. I think you would look cute with a softer hair color, maybe like caramel brown with a few highlights. you should try to get your brows waxed since they frame ur eyes, it makes girls sexier! make up I would go with some liner and mascara and some cherry lipgloss, maybe a little concealer and foundation. dark denim skinny jeans will look good on you since you're pear shaped and a cute top maybe something sleeveless kinda flowy, like summery. hope that helped a bit. oh and you look tall, so a nice heel along with ur dark jeans should reallllyy make ur legs look awesome!

• I'll speak beauty wise. Clothes are a personal choice and have to reflect your personality (can't tell from the video). A personal shopper could help, or grab a trendy girl you know and take her to the mall.

I would go to the salon and dye your hair a deeper more skin-flattering color. I would probably pick a rich brown color for you, or maybe an auburn. Your current hair color is kind of washing you out. As for makeup, if you're not used to wearing it, I would start out light. Head over to the MAC counter, they are the best, and have them pick out some makeup. As you become more comfortable over time you can amp up your look. have fun!

• I read some people said curls, but your hair looks pretty decent - and curls are a lot of work, and a huge pain in the ass. Maybe a new hair cut, or even just going over your hair with a flat iron to smooth out the frizz. Also, I think your hair colour suits you fine, No need to dye it really. I think dying your hair is time, money, and hair health wasted, unless of course you absolutely need it. Which I don't think you do.

• I think your pretty but you might want to darken your hair to maybe a brown but not too dark. and I think u'd look pretty with some gold eyeshadow but dnt cake in on, plus take a lighter eyeliner and put it in the crease of your eyesockets and in the inner corners of your eyes, itll make em brighten DNT FORGET TO BLEND maybe a thin line of eyeliner on the bottom waterline. for clothes I recomend well fitting shirts and flare jeans.

• you don't need makeup. you have naturally good skin. but if you wanted to try some id say some soft color eyeshadows. nothing to drastic

for ur hair I like it. maybe try it up sometimes with ur side bangs down that would look pretty.

nd clothes I think you shud get cute summer dresses. but you don't really need a makeover. ur cute!

• You're pretty so first of all, be confident. I think you would look good with straight bangs. And don't straighten your hair. I used to do that all the time, but my hair was so frizzy and once I stopped I really loved my curls. I'm sure your curly/wavy hair looks great. Maybe You could take a semi golden color on your hair. It will make it shiny and interesting. Clothing wise, I say just wear whatever you feel comfortable in. My style is very colorful compared to some of my friends and they wear very different clothes, but they say they like my style because I'm confident about it. You could go to teenvogue.com and flip through looks of the day. I'm sure you'll find something that appeals to you and go for it!

• You're a pretty girl naturally, so I would only like to say a few things:

If you really want some change I think a nice brown would suit your hair bringing out you fair skin. If you don't want to, then a haircut would do fine. A shoulder length hair style in my opinion would work on you.

You just need to brighten up your face a bit, with some light makeup aroud your eyes to give it more force. 'Cause to me, the eyes are one of the most important feature on anyones' face. And a little blush on your cheek to give it more color.

Clothing wise, just find stuff that compliment your figure more.

• Hair:

because you said your hair is normally friss, try a curly hair look, it will even out with your friss problem, since you have half inch layers your hair will look full with big curls.

style:

you seem laid back, I think you need a boyfriend jean, to even out your lower bottom , or a boot cut jean, do not go with the skirt, try a strip shirt, dark color, do not do black, it is bland you want to look fresh and new . if you are tall, wear a flat shoe. if you arn't wear a three inch heel not to tall, not to short. bags, depending on the proper jean, you may want to go with (to be safe) a black purse, meduim size, if you want to go for the innocent coming out look.

make up:

you have the face , you need a foundation in light, and a black eye liner, you eye lashes are a good length, to brighten them up, use maskera three times, each eye. do not go with lipstick, go with lip gloss or lipstan. it will bring out your lips

• I think you have a beautiful facial structure and I LOVE the way you talk. Maybe darker hair, and a little bit of make up..

• ok I think your pretty the way you are but I think you'd look nicer with your hair wavy.. take a shower at night and while your hair is still wet go to sleep and when you wake up your hair should be just a little wavier and put some hair serum in it to control the frizz and ill think that's all you really need :)

• I agree, a new Hair style and clothes.

Dont be aftaid to be different.

But don't worry about a tan too much a lot of people like Fairer skin.

• A girl that is slightly tanned gives off a much better vibe. It means she is healthy, she enjoys the outdoors, and is happy.

How many women do you know that are nicely tanned, and unhappy?

The sun makes people happy, I forget the actual vitamin, I think its E, but it causes outr brains to produce hormones which make us happy. :P

• Thats all true, but some people are too fair to get a natural tan. And still look really healthy. And to answer your question. I know a lot of unhappy tanned people. Just becoz you have a tan it doesn't mean your super happy lol.

• There is something that makes a big change in every girl and that is black mascara, so use it all the time...and a little bit of blush as for the hairstyle

that's a good cut but if you have straight hair

link

With your skin tone you should try to be a redhair I think you will look great ;)

• I think you would look so great with some chocolate brown hair! =]

link

• I suggest some light coat of brown eyeliner, baby pink lip gloss and brown eyeshadow, maybe add a hint of mascara and you'll be able to emphasize you're beauty (:

• you might try a more golden hair tone and eyebrow pencil, you look a little washed out. And, I don't know I you usually wear it, but mascara is a MUST for all girls.

• What you wear doesn't really matter as long as it fits your body...no baggy clothing.

As for hair, you have got to change it and de frizz it. I think these hair styles would suit your face really well

link

link

maybe even dye your color a warmer shade

• first off...your hair hun...its our of control! Get a serum product that will relax the hair and keep it from looking fried. Less makeup is always the best way to go. You just need to fill in your eyebrow and coat you eyelashes with mascara.

You have potential girl :)