Best American rock group since 1990?

Sorry, no Pearl Jam, Nirvana, or other alternative stuff here.

• Dave Matthews Band
  • Jack Johnson
  • R.E.M.
  • The Wallflowers
  • Goo Goo Dolls

Most Helpful Girl

• you made it way to difficult to pick from those 5 bands. and I also agree red hot chilli peppers should be in there

• Those are the best five in my estimation. Deal with it.

• Agreed! I think Michael Stipe might be a little more ingenious than the rest though.

• It's possible

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• Why no Nirvana? What do you mean no alternative, isn't that rock? There's been tons of good bands since the 1990's it's all a matter of opinion. I don't know what you consider rock, since I guess Nirvana isn't, but some of my favorites are; Audioslave, Foo fighters, Linkin Park, A perfect Circle, Shinedown, Weezer. I don't really know what you're looking for here?

• Those are all alternative bands, maybe grunge is the word you're looking for? Plus REM made it big in the late 80s.

There's too many great bands from the 90s to chose from.

• the red hot chili peppers could also be on there

• I agree. Aeroplane kicks ass. Gotta grab it now -- thanks for the reminder,

• RHCP, Incubus, Weezer, Nirvana, The Strokes... list could go on

• Well stupid Canadian, Pearl Jam and Nirvana are both American bands from the city of Seattle which is in Washington state. I think the best rock of the 1990's through the current times were grunge bands like- Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Temple of the Dog, Nirvana.

• I may be stupid and I may be Canadian and I may be stupid because I'm Canadian but.... I forgot what I was going to say. Deeeerrrrr.