Why do guys automatically assume well dressed women who take pride in their appearance are b****es?

Question is up there.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know why, but I know in my experience most of the girls who are really dressed nice are sorority girls, and sadly a lot of them are not the nicest, at least to regular guys. For example me and a friend went out to a club for country swing dancing (ya I go to a hick school, LOL) anyway she talked and danced with both of us, but then had nothing to do with me, or even my med student friend. I'm not saying it's because she's in a sorority, but they must attract bitchy people, and they are the ones who usually dress up fairly nice for class. There are a few girls who do it just because they are classy and are nice as hell though, including a girl I really like.

• Just because you met a few b*tchy sorority girls doesn't mean all sorority girls are b*thchy. I'm in a sorority and while I certainly have my moments, every girl has their b*tchy moments. Every girl in my chapter as well as the other sororities on campus are really nice, sweet girls who get judged by idiots like you who assume we all must be b*tchy because you watched one too many stupid movies with b*tchy sorority girls and/or got turned down by one so we all must be b*tches

• Well I guess I just had a bad experience. I know you are right that not all girls in sororities are bitches, it's just the experience I had with one of them.

• You sound like the b************tchiest sorortity girl of them all in this comment. The poor guy was just telling you his experience,he didn't say all of you were like that. But you b***tched all over him!

What Guys Said 12

• Yes, it's sad that most women who 'dress up' are advertising and are saying, 'Don't come near me if you don't have money to spend on me..'

So often that we often just assume that's what the woman is saying. If we turn out to be wrong, it's a surprise to us.

• i don't do that at all. I see a well dressed lady and say she looks nice. I only think someone is a bitch when they act like a bitch

• Because for a lot of men, that's all we've ever known : snotty girls being identified by their appearance. This is especially true for us younger guys who are still around girls from high school/college. Some of the girls that I went to high school with that were involved in the popular cliques tended to put a lot of time into their appearance. Since they were the popular type, they would sometimes treat other people really bad for whatever reason. It's hard to break a person from a stereotype even if we know that it could be considered generalizing.

• Well, I don't make this assumption, but, whether appropriate or not, first impressions are vitally important in formulating views about people, and I'd say many people simply have bad experiences with this type of woman in the past. Perhaps it's in the way such women tend to carry themselves (say, perhaps they have an air of arrogance about them)?

• I have never place that label on a woman because of the way she's dressed. I've seen and known some sloppy dressed women that were bitches as well as those that were dressed well. I don't think it has anything to do with how she's dressed. With that said she gets only two shots before I title her that. The first I'll forgive and mark up as a bad day. The second, she's just a bitch and needs therapy.

• the hell? no.

• I've actually had very few bad experiences with attractive girls ^^ Its like Roahld Dahl, whatever the spelling is, always thought, that ugly thoughts make ugly people. But a lot of my attractive friends are mean to a lot of guys - I guess I just refuse to believe anyones completely bad.There's always a reason, always a drive, behind it, you know? If you get past it they'll explain it to you, but you can't always do that. I'm one of those cats that see's the best in people, though.

• I don't

There is no reason to judge one girl of the way she dresses because you met another girl who dresses the same way and acts disrespectful

and I have never called a girl a bitch nor do I plan on it

• is being proud of your appereance is to wear 5 inches of I don't think so

• Nope... not really...

• by well dressed do you mean slutty

• cause so many do it

What Girls Said 8

• 1) it's easier to assume a girl is a b*tch than to admit she's probably out of their league

2) they feel they don't measure up

3) people take so little pride in their appearance these days that's easy to assume people who do are stuck up or b*tchy

4) some guys are just stupid

5) the only girls they ever hook up with are the girls that hardly wear any clothes and that look like cheap hookers

6) They assume dressing nice means expensive/high maintenance and you must be a b*tch

7) they assume that if you look like you spend a lot of money on clothes you're looking for someone's money to spend and when the money's gone they dump them

8) they assume that you spent a lot of money on your clothes because you look nice

9) they assume that you're high strung and incapable of being relaxed and fun

In general they assume things that have no truth to them but then take the time to look at the guys who assume girls who take pride in their appearance are b*tchy. Generally they're completely average looking guys who own one nice outfit that only gets worn on special occasions, they don't hook up all that often, they get rejected lot, they're bitter and assume all women are out to make their lives a living hell, they're probably not the most ambitious types out there, and they're more upset about their own lives and are looking for someone to tear down and the girl who takes pride in her appearance and dresses nicely is an easy target.

• because men sometimes measure looks by the how high the probability of them getting turned down, and everybody hates rejection especially men! lol so when they see a hot girl they tell them selves man if I go talk to her she will probably turn me down she probably has a attitude too.. I have gotten that before a guy comes up to talk to me and he say darn you really nice I thought you would be mean and dis me why because I also to dress nice and I'm very attractive. I guess that outlook is to spare there ego

• It's unfair to group all guys into one category. Not all guys assume well-dressed women who take pride in their appearance are bitches.

Some are smart enough to realize that bitches come in all sorts of outfits. ;)

• maybe they had bad experiences in the past.

• because they're insecure

• Because they had a bad experience with exactly that type of gal. Just like how girls assume a good looking guy who dresses pimped out is a player.

• Some only do because they are intimidated

• b/c they remind them of the pretty girls who ignored them or made fun of them in grade school