Do Guys weigh more than they look?

Idk jw.

Not all of them I guess

Most Helpful Guy

• Muscle mass is three times as heavy as fat mass...

Really "cut" or muscular guys can easy look lighter than they actually weigh... in fact, it's possible for a very muscular guy with little fat on him to be considered "obese" according to BMI definitions.

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah I think a lot of them do but it does depend on the build off the guy. According to BMI, I'm am half obese but I don't think I have any jiggly fat, all of it is toned and I guess most people would probably assume I weigh a lot less than I do. with other guys it could also be that they weigh less than they look. it really does depend on their build. :)

• I'm 5'10", 310lbs, ~25% body fat, in my main profile pic (it's a recent pic). People I know tell me that I look like I weigh less. J_D_H is right on the money; muscle volume is 3x as dense as fat mass. Think about 1lb of feathers vs 1lb of iron. Same concept.

• you tell me how much do you think I weigh?

im 6'1

• J D H wrote it correctly.

My BMI reads that I'm obese.

Muscle has to be taken into consideration.

• I think so.

What Girls Said 3

• depends on bone density as well

• I ask my guys frnds how much they way and it surprises me, because they look a lot smaller so yea in some casses.

• yes lol. its funny that you ask that cause I just figured that out today lol