How much does it really matter?

I know that girls like nice bodies but how much does a " hot" body on a guy really matter?

Most Helpful Guy

• Let me turn the question round and ask how much does it really matter to you? Forget the girls for a minute.

If you're training to please other people you will never reach your goals because everyone likes different things. The guys who succeed are the ones who train for themselves. They have their goals and they are focused on them. By reaching them they feel better about themselves and increase their self confidence which often is the main reason they become more attractive. Sure compliments are great, everyone loves them. But there will always be girls who find you too ripped, not slim enough, too bulky, too slim, not built enough...

• Words of truth my man

• When I seen this post I was about to say the exact same, you shoulndt be training to please other people, you should be training to, look, feel and be your best

What Girls Said 26

• A hot body means ZERO if he is a jerk, treats you badly, and is a player.

My point is - what is important is what is in his heart and between his ears. Beauty fades. Dumb is forever. Nobody has a hot body forever - Not even Mr. Universe. If you are only interested in a good time with a guy - go for the hot bod. But don't be surprised when he dumps you like a hot rock and goes on to his next HOT BOD girl! Don't ever let a guy use you for sex. If you are focused on the bod - you aren't expecting much.

• But not all non hot bod girls are good girls. a lot of them have f***ed around

• Well when I first see someone I notice their looks, obviously I might think, 'Oh my god he's hot' but then if I get to know him and he turns out to be an idiot then looks start to mean NOTHING. Same if I see someone who isn't that good looking but turns out to be a really nice guy. Any guy could easily work out and get a six pack but a personality is not something you can just achieve. some have it, some dont. So what I'm tryin to say is that someone who is good lookin will seam ugly if their personality is ugly :] x

• When I'm with a guy that I like, I'm not worried about whether or not he has a six pack; when he puts his arm around me, I'm not thinking about how big his biceps are. I do think that it's important for a guy to care about his health, but not for the sake of having a "hot" body. That's not what matters most to me.

• It doesn't really, like ya it helps catch a girls attention but if you have confidence and can make a girl laugh it's a million times better than a "hot body". Personally I actually am not a fan of ripped guys with abs and blah blah blah. I need a guy with some chub cause fit guys just aren't comfy to cuddle with

• Really? Muscle is soft when it's relaxed. I don't want to have my gut hanging out. It makes me feel bad. :|

• @20?'s -- hahaha... Nice.

• I HATE Brad Pitt Actually, don't find him hot at all.

Muscle relaxed or not it's just as comfy as a guy with some chub. I'm not saying you have to have a huge guy, which isn't a bad thing but some chub is definitely better than muscle.

• I love a "hot" body... but at the same time, I've been attracted to intelligence. I've read on some places on this site that to guys a pretty girl with a nice body does matter and that they wouldn't give a girl they didn't find attractive a chance. I don't want to say the same thing. I am so social that I make friends with anyone anywhere... and in the process end up meeting the most intelligent guys. I know a little off topic but if guys were more like that... then they'd probably meet someone with an awesome personality.

• A hot body on a guy doesn't matter to much to me. My husband isn't ripped but he's in shape. I don't obsess over his body because at the end of the day I would rather be with someone with an amazing personality, someone who can always keep me laughing. Now when guys let themselves completely go...thats just a turn-off So if you have a good personality and beautiful eyes. I'm hooked.

• i am much more a face person then a body person. a good looking face will attract me much more then a good looking body.

• It does matter to some extent, but if the girl really likes you, she'll already think you look good the way you are.

• I like a toned physique because it shows to me that the guy cares about the way he looks and is healthy. But a little flab doesn't bother me at all because I am definitely not perfect either. Confidence in the way he presents himself is more important though.

• As you can see from the other answers, a hot body doesn't matter. Personally, I wouldn't like a guy to be hugely overweight, but other than that, a girl can see a guy she likes because of his personality, realize he's not hot, and still be absolutely attracted to him as if he is... probably more attracted to him than to a room full of the hottest guys in the universe.

• Thats so true that's exactly how I feel ! I always find I find a guy much more attractive than when I first knew them when I start to fall for their personality a hot guy with no personality or a horrible personality then totally takes away their looks for me I find them so unattractive even to look at once I know the real them

• a "hot" body is just a plus, and it does attract us at first to you but it's not what matters at all, if you don't have a "hot" body there could be many other qualities that over power that, if you don't have those other qualitie a "hot" body can't replace that.

• For me the body is really important might be because I'm really fixated to apperence..i mean I go by the looks because that's what I 1st notice and then I go after personality...

• it depends on the girl like me I like guys with a good personality but there good body is just a plus

• I agree cause there are plenty of guys with six packs who have no personality.

• Well, if you think a hot body is a full on six pack? than that doesn't really bother. but I preferre my guys to be toned. which means not chubby, and not sickly skinny. A lot of guys are there naturally. but other than that face matters the most to me

• Don't matter, as long as you're not really unhealthy then it's fine. I go for a guy who has a personality, looks are extra.

• I know I'm only young here, but to me that doesn't even matter at all. I like someone how is kind and sweet and has a great peronality and is fun to be around. Looks will fade but personally is forever! (: Holly xo

• thats least important to me out of anything unless you're fat at all. I'd pick a rich guy over a guy wiht a hot body and I don't care about money at all I'm just saying its that low on my list

• the one thing I really notice is hair and eyes. After that I look at what kind of person they are. I'm not really a body type of person.

• I like guys who are confident about their looks. I look for guys with personalities that I could get along with because good looks can fade and when they do I still wanna like the guy. So to me it doesn't matter.

• eh, not that much. I mean a hot body is always a plus, but its not like I won't be interested in a guy just because he dosnt have a nice body.

• i just like a guy to be healthy

• Hot bodies are healthy bodies.Thats what's more important someone who takes care of themselves.

• I love a hot body but they sometimes come attached to guys who are way too into themselves. I definitely do not hold out for just hot-body guys. I am more into whether he overall exercises and takes care of himself and has a nice feature, like strong arms. I can say I am not into skinny guys but I am older and a skinny guy who doesn't workout in his 40's is just not an attractive sight naked.

• body doesn't matter. Sure it draws female attention to you in the begining but I've had 2 actual boyfriends in the last couple years, one was physicaly an average joe, but with an amazing personality, the other a gym fanatic who did body building contests with a very hot body. To be honest, I'd choose the average joe over the hottie any day because he won me over with his heart, not his body. Just be yourself and have confidence, that's what's really attractive!

• We all think hot people are great, but to me it's about the personality, and how you treat us, the hot guys are the dream guys to me.

• I think it just depends on the girl. I've always been very fit, but I'm definitely not attracted to the gym buffs. I am absolutely turned off by men who are very cut, live off of protein smoothies for breakfast, etc. I think it's just a matter of taking care of yourself. You don't have to have a six pack, but a beer belly isn't exactly ideal either. Like I said, everyone has their own preference!

What Guys Said 1

• As I answer this question... I just got back from the gym, am eating an ice cream cone and drinking a protein shake. Just thought that was a funny contradiction. Ice cream and health shakes. (There is actualy scientific rationale behind it. After you get done workin out your glycogen stores are depleted and simple sugars complete this task in the most efficient time, thus transfering you from a catabolic state to an anabolic state in the shortest ammount of time.. That and I <3 ice cream) Sure yall didn't really care about that but I tend to go off on tangents...

Dude girls are no different than guys. Quit trying to catagorize then into one specific thing. Some girls are shallow as all hell. Others aren't. Same thing with guys. Girls tend to be a little less shallow than guys though for some reason.

I always say looks get you in but personality keeps you there. Even if a girls not shallow she will tend to look at the "better" looking guys and will be more receptive when approached by em. (Better is a relative term here. Some people are attracted to different thing. Some people just LOVE overweight people ie. chub chasers. So what you consider hot may not be hot to someone else) Back to the subject... They will be more receptive when approached by someone that they consider good looking... but if they lack inteligence and personality the conversation will end as quickly as it started.

What you can do to make first impressions better is be confident. Looking down at your shoes and avoiding eye contect and not talking loud enough. If you do those things you think you will do too well aproachign women? But if your just a normal looking guy come up to a girl come across as confident hold a conversation make her laugh and such then you just got further than the guy who you call "hot"

Anyways its important for some people more than others... just like anything else.

But stay healthy bro. You may hate the gym now. You may hate running. Just start going force yourself to go every day don't miss a workout. Pretty soon you get addicted to it man. It has something to do with chemicals released in the brain. Endorphins. It actually means "morphine" and "released by the brain". It bonds to the same receptor sites as morphine and is commonly associated with orgasms. Your body has elevated levels during and after exercise. So after you get used to exercise it is LITERALLY addicting.

Anyway. Sorry for the long drawn out answer fitness is something I'm pretty passionate about. Need any advice just ask. I should be getting my NASM personal trainer certification within a week or 2.

Good luck to you sir,

Josh

• I appologize I was incorrect. endorphins mean "morphine" and "made by the body" not released by the brain. I didn't think that sounded right so I looked it up. Best of luck

• You might wanna switch up that ice cream cone for something else. After training your body is crying our for nutrients but if you have fat post workout it will slow the absorption of the carbs to replenish glycogen and the protein needed to start repairing muscle tissue. Pretty sure ice cream contains fat so it will actually be slowing your progress. Anyways, good answer bro.. +1 for you! Glad you corrected the morphine thing.. lol

• I know about the fat slowing down the metabolic process. Fat free ice cream for the win! As for nutrients I had a big bowl of oatmeal a protein shake and some leftovers in the fridge, so I had that covered. Just had a craving for ice cream, but I'm not gonna sabotage myself in the window after a workout. I know its important.

I got it covered man