Your views on miniskirts?

Over and over, elder woman give me lectures for showing off my legs -- whether I wear a mini, shorts, or even capris!

Obviously times have changed. Girls these days wear more revealing outfits -- but is it really wrong? I don't wear "sexy" clothes to be praised or given attention, yet this is the image I have given to some people.

I mean, I don't really care what people think, I'll wear what I want, but I'm just debating -- will I look like a slut for wearing those? Is it really wrong, on a hot summer day, to wear things like that?

What is your opinions on this? Both boys' and girls' input would be appreciated.

Thanks for all your input, everyone :D I appreciate it a lot :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Well to wear short shorts or mini skirts, ... certain rules apply to neutralize the look from being perceived as slutty to chic. There are a few things to consider like height and body shape. Are your legs long a slender? Are you curvy (with a butt and hips). This will determine the type of mini you can wear and weather or not you can wear a mini with heels without looking a like a streetwalker.

Check out this link:

link

What Guys Said 8

• I believe its all up to the girl and no one but the girl. If you want to wear something that's get peoples attenetion but it does 'nt bug you then go ahead, who cares what someone else says. But if you feel like its not your style then dont, but its not because someone else told you its wrong, its just that your telling your very ownself. Do and wear whatever makes you happy, who cares what anyone else says, as long as your careful, take care there.

• I agree with that -- but even then, I don't want to give a bad image of myself, so I'm not sure. Why is wearing minis portrayed as "slutty"? Besides, I don't wear skirts that are shorter than up to my knees, so...

• Thats the thing though you won't give a bad image, because you know who you are no matter what. If others are giving you some sort of bad look then you know what forget them. If anything there probably jealous its just that there giving you a bad look and your taking it the wrong way though. Your better then that, so be it, no one knows you more then your very ownself ms.

• True, those who actually know me know that I'm not some desperate attention seeking little chick - however at first glance I look like "that girl who's trying to attract attention and look good in front of boys." And sometimes, first impressions do leave a mark - I know who I am, but do other people? Sometimes they don't give you a chance because of the way you dress.

• Well when a girl is wearing something that short, it's not about getting too hot, as a summer dress will still breathe just fine. Basically the clothes are designed for girls to show off their legs and ass. Strangely enough they then complain if they catch a guy looking, despite it being the purpose of the clothes.

I don't really like them, except maybe for a fancy dress up party. Otherwise it just makes girls look like tarts.

• Yeah, but what if it's just your style, to wear a miniskirt? I don't seek attention nor do I want to be stared at, I just like wearing skirts. Every girl has their own wardrobe... Is that really wrong?

• Hey we have our own opinions. You wear mini-skirt, I think tart.

• That's fine; I respect that. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but the whole point of me asking this question was to see what other people thought.

Thanks for your input.

• No,nothing wrong with miniskirts esp in hot weather. It depends on the rest of your look, but just having a short skirt isn't anytiing disreputable in this day and age. In the 70's nearly all girls wore them.

• I'm glad someone shares the same opinion as I do :)

• No I don't see a problem with those. It's not like they're some new invention. Those elder women probably wore minis or shorts when they were young. Maybe they're just jealous they can't pull it off anymore haha :)

• i honestly think if older people are mad at girls/women wearing skirts of any kind, then they are just caught up in the past, and need to adjust. fashion has changed, the 60s happened, I mean cmon...

• rule of thumb: short shorts are way less slutty than a miniskirt.

around here during summer almost all girls wear short shorts, and almost none miniskirts. and the skirted ones tend to be a bit trashy. shorts say "its hot" skirts try to say "im hot". naturaly there are exceptions, but this is just what I think

• no... thats not wrong. you wear what you feel good in. and if you have very beautiful thighs, then show them off

• Fine in summer, most guys won't object

What Girls Said 2

• It's not wrong. I wear miniskirts all the time. Just make sure that it fully covers whatever panties your wearing and is at least an inch below that.

• It's summer time. just about every girl wears miniskirts and short skirts. if you go to the mall, you have to search to find clothes that DONT show your legs. you won't look like a slut as long as you aren't showing cleavage and and wearing 5 inch heels with your miniskirt. just keep the rest of the outfit tasteful and carry yourself appropriately and you won't have a problem