The pool?

so summer is just around the corner. my boyfriends friend is having this big pool party next weekend. my boyfriends ex girlfriend is going to be there, which is fine because she has a bf. so anyway, he asked if I wanted to go. I want to but then again I don't. I'm super self conscious of my body. my boyfriend has never seen me in a bathing suit before. normally I would be fine but he is skinny and his ex girlfriend is super skinny. I'm not fat but I do have a little extra pudge in my tummy area. this sound so dumb but it almost makes me not want to go...

any advice on what to do?

thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say don't worry but I don't think that would help since we are all self conscious about our bodies. I would give you an encouragement though that he is your boyfriend because he likes you the way you are and not because of your body...if it's because of your body or for something else then he wouldn't. I don't really know the dude or how he is around you...but be the judge. Go and have fun with him and the party! Splash around soak up some sun! Your personality is more attractive than your body and your uniqueness is the awesome one. And, if he gives you his full frontal attention...righteous! Now about the bathing suit...find something that will help you around with your tummy area so that you will feel better and not constantly fidget with it. Maybe go out with your friends for swim suit shopping.

What Guys Said 1

• get a one piece and suck it in or assume a position where it is less likely to show or just go swimming ...

What Girls Said 1

• he is your boyfried and he is dating you because he likes you and the way you look. don't be afraid , be happy and have fun. it may be a little bit weird , but let it roll of your shoulder and here is a tip, if you think you look you and feel good and have cofidence people will notice and think you are beautiful. Confidence is key, hope it helps and remeber have fun who cares what other think