I like this guy but he is weird looking?

I have been really close to this boy for 2 years now and we are very good friends. Last month my boyfriend broke up with me and it made me feel so depressed as I loved him with all my heart, but he stopped loving me. This guy has helped me a lot though all of this and I'm starting to like like him a lot. The trouble is, he has never had a girlfriend before and he is very bad looking, he has eczema all over him and is covered in scabs. I would love to go out with him but I'm worried that his physical appearance might put me off him. Shall I give it a go?

Most Helpful Girl

• well I see how this a problem most guys will say give it a go, it doesn't matter if he's ugly if he's nice or sweet go out with him, BUT they don't know how cruel girls can be, my current boyfriend isn't the cutest guy in the world and he's kinda dorky but he's super sweet and he's helped me out alot, but when your friends hear you talking about a guy they mentally make a picture of the guy and they (for some odd reason) make him look super hot with a 8 pack and muscles, Nope not all guys are like that and girls can be mean they could comment on him and make you feel bad for going out with him, but the thing is that you can't let that get to you, your gonna have a friend that's going to support you and that one friend is all you need, if he really did help you as much as you say he did then go ahead and try to make it work ~goodluck~

What Guys Said 6

• A book may have a unattractive cover but after you become familiar with the interior the cover is not important. I have a friend that most of their face has a birthmark. When I first met that person I was not very comfortable talking to them. Now that I know what is inside, I do not realize they have a birthmark. Beware that he may want more than you want to give. Take your time. You have a lifetime ahead of you.

• his physical problems have not stop him from helping you nor from being a very good friend to you. Why suddenly because you went on a date with him would his problems become and issue. If you care about him its just surface flaws obviously you two can connect inside which is what matters.

• If you're bothered about the physical appearance then don't go out with him... it will crush him if he's dumped because of that because you diddn't think of it earlier... and please for the love of god don't say "i love you as a friend etc." that's an annoying line... however if you actually think it will last a couple of months at least it would be good for both of you.

• No you just broke up in a serious relationship, give yourself some time off. Its not healthy to jump back in. Looks aren't everything but you have to be some what sexually attracted to who your dating

• Everyone deserves a chance. I'm sure you'd be making him really happy and you do actually like him so it's not like you're leading him on.

• You are on the rebound, you would be using him to get over the ex. Chances are if it doesn't work out you will lose the friendship, or end up in friends with benefits and you can't move on to new relationships not healthy...

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think its fair that you're holding back because of his physical appearance. Give him a chance. Personally, if I don't find a guy physically attractive, but he has an amazing personality then I find myself thinking he's cute and what not. Does that make sense? hah.

But, really, if you have feelings for him then give him a chance.