Do guys go fo personality or looks?

When looking for a long lasting relationship, do men look for girls with good personalities, or good looks? And would you still date a girl if they had an amazing personality, but they weren't the most prettiest girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• looks gets you the interview, personality gets you the job of being his b/f. personality wins out on looks because looks don't last forever.

What Guys Said 3

• At your age they probably go for looks, but aren't looking for a long term relationship. As they get older they are more into personalities and long term relationships. I think you can bypass a not so pretty face, but weight is something very important to many Americans.

• Thanks, this is really helpful, I think this puts too much pressure on girls to look good and keep up with trends just for men who probablly will only stay with you for looks, they should just love you for who you are, I just feel like no man will ever like me for who I am.

• Both! You get the initial attraction and approach based on looks and then it's all about personality. All in all, personality is more important.

• Looks short term and personality long term...

What Girls Said 1

• i think like 20% do and the majority of that is because they can't get the girls they want. I'm not the prettiest girl but I have a good personality but I've had a few guys like me. keyword: few lol. most guys are into looks so that's why us girls have to do what we can to look as good as possible. you don't have to look like a vs model but you can't count on a personality to get you the guy.