Do girls with the emo look like regular guys?

I say emo look because that style doesn't necessarily mean they are emo anymore. I know that it depends on the girl, but I'm just wondering about them in general. I don't know much about style so I don't know where I fit in. I'll do a very basic description to illustrate what my perception of "regular" is. I usually wear jeans that aren't baggy yet they don't wrap tightly around me either. Most of the time I just wear a t-shirt. I think most of them are Aeropostale. I also like to wear a white t-shirt with a nice looking buttoned down long sleeved shirt over it and the sleeves are usually rolled up to my elbows.

Would the emo or scene girls be interested in a guy like that or do they more often go for emo guys? Also, what's the difference between emo and scene? The girl I like has that style going on.

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, I hate labels. They're stereotypical and pointless. (Nothing against you, just saying.)The way a girl dresses doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the type of guy she likes. Try getting to know her. Make small talk and find out what she's into; movies, music, stuff like that. Then if you're bold enough, ask her what kinds of guys she likes, but don't be too forward about it. If it seems to be going well, you should definitely ask her out, though probably not right away. I really hope this helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me. Let me know how it goes =)

• Yeah, I understand what you're saying. The labels were meant to be nothing more than a descriptive term referring to the her style. For the most part, we hang out with people that are somewhat similar to the way we are. I just assumed that she would prefer a different type of guy. I think this was more of a confidence building question actually. Anyway, there's no harm in trying to get to know her, right? Thanks for answering.

• Yeah, I'm aware you were just trying to describe her so we could understand the situation. Some girls prefer only a select certain type of guy, while others don't really have a preferance. It just depends. And I think you should definitely try to get to know her =)

What Girls Said 3

• It's really just her style. I dress 'emo' but that does not dictate the kind of guys I like. a lot of the time girls like us just go for guys that have the same style because they don't judge us for our dark colors and asymetrical, in our face haircuts. If a guy dresses more preppy or whatever I would still totally go for him if he didn't judge me, my look, or my music. Just be a nice guy and she'll notice.

• I am considered "emo/punk/alternative/scene"(sorry for labeling) because I dye my hair different colors and dress a little different than most people. I personally can be attracted to anyone. It just depends on their personality and everything else. I would never go for a guy just because of his looks so the answer is yes, it doesn't really matter how you look or dress. :)

• Scene is more "pop" and emo is kinda calm and mostly dark colors. I think I depends the girl rather or not she likes those type of boys. I personally kinda do 😋

What Guys Said 1

• No not really