Why is it harder to talk to girls I am attracted to.

This happens all the time. While my two best female friends are not unattractive they ain't the best and I don't want to date them (one is too hyper, the other just weird) anyways I find it hard to talk to girls I am attracted to. First of all, why would they want to talk to an ugly guy like me (and don't tell me I'm ugly, to the type of girls I like I ain't that good looking). Also I get nervous about it, and lastly the only girl I ever really liked and talked to and became friends with rejected me when I asked her out, and she was fine, so I assume most good looking smart intelligent girls will not want to go out with me. Now I know confidence is a big thing, but what does confidence matter when girls have called you "weird" and said your fat (I am I guess, I'm 223 and 5 ft7). Anyway, why is it hard. I know part of its confidence, but would that really truly help. No BS Cliche's please, just honest answers

so how do I feel less insecure about myself. I have tried losing weight and I don't really think I'm terrible looking, just average, and girls want above average, or at least the girls I am attracted to

Most Helpful Guy

• Its always easier to talk to a girl you're not physically interested in, because you aren't looking for anything more than talk so there is no fear of messing up your chances by saying the wrong thing. Also, attractive women can afford to be picky with guys.

What Girls Said 1

• You are feeling insecure about your appearance that makes you harder to talk to girls you are attracted to.

What Guys Said 1

• What you need to do is practice, start off with small conversations with a girls you are attracted to. Then talk a little more and a little more. You need to get used to talking to everyone and anyone, no one cares if you are average looking or not when you are just talking to them. And if a girl likes you it should be for who you are not what you look like.