Have you ever been called ugly?

Have you ever been told your ugly or unattractive? How many times? By who?

lol just wondering.

p.s this question is really corny and weird but wtv.

• Yes, I have :I
  • Nope, never have!
oh and how did you feel about it?

Most Helpful Girl

• yes I have, by stupid bitches in junior high

What Guys Said 37

• Yeah I have... I used to look really awkward and weird. I was 150 pounds and captain of my chess club in high school (just to give you an idea). I wore these really thick rimmed glasses... well I think you get the idea.

I used to get picked on all the time... all the way from elementary school to high school, so I've heard it a few times before.

How do I feel about it? I used to feel insecure and shy because of the way people and women used to treat me. But now, I'm thankful for the experience... all of that s*** turned me into the person I am today.

• When I was 12, a pair of girls waked up to me and asked me if I thought I was handsome. I said yes, because at the time, in my head I had the idea that everybody believed themselves to be handsome/pretty. So in my mind I thought "What a dumb question, who wouldn't think they are handsome?") and said yes. After I said that they just laughed and walked away without saying anything else.

My parents didn't take any pictures of me back then, which I'm p*ssed about because it was a really tough stage for me and I wish I could look back to try finding some answers as to why I am the way I am. I don't even remember properly what I looked like back then, but all I know is that I was extremely skinny. A few years later I was in the same car with my high school crush of mine, and she was discussing other guys with her mom, and I overheard my crush say she would never date this one guy in her class because he looks like a freakin' skeleton. Ouch? :I

• i always got dissed by other guys or even my guy friends. they would try to look at any fault they cud find in me and use it against me, but I knw for a fact its because they envied somethin they saw. or else their would be no reason for the teasin. now from other girls? not really I've been giovenmore compliments then anything when it comes to other girls.only time girls would talk sh*t about me is if they were followin the opinions of these other guys who would say sh*t about me. you know got to follow the ones they prefer or accepted them. some sh*t like this. lol

• I think I did once a long time ago. I just considered the source. She wasn't exactly good looking herself and a real bitch to boot. I concentrate more on the people who like me and don't give a crap about those who don't - a lesson that took me decades to finally beat into my thick head.

• Mostly by ugly girls, so I know it's just meanness talking. I always just ask them if they are fat because it makes them able to float near troop ships.

• Yep, a few times.

• all the time ...maybe once day...most by guys but some girls...

I really couldn't give a f***. I like who I am and that's that...i don't really even care what anyone thinks.

Most times people don't even know you and say things to make themselves feel better. IF some guy has to tell another guy he is ugly ...then he is petty sad and as for the bitches that call guys ugly and make fun of them...you girls are the most self conscious creatures alive but yet you delight in crushing guys feelings.

anyways :P as my boy eminem says..."even if it sounds corny...don't ever let em say you ain't beautiful"

• Ive heard guys critique other guys looks quite al lot.

• Ya its werid..i don't get it...maybe it makes them feel tougher?? Anyways I don't give a f***. :) I can kick their ass and make them not look so good :P

• Yeah but who really cares what other people think?

I don't care, even if it was some hot girl I'd be like oh okay, there's 6.6 billion people there's gonna be another hot girl in there some where...

• alot of people in high school called me ugly including a girl I had a crush on ;/

• I think the only people who called me ugly were my siblings but other than that nope.

• wen I was a kid, I used to get called that all the time... that made me feel bad, like I was a loser... but seeing life and how funny it is, wow... all the 'popular' people are doing nothing, and that short little ugly bucktoothed kid? He's doing fine, signifying, jiving, and bullshotting his way across the globe... lol

• lol I've only been called ugly on this website, but it didn't hurt much since the guys on here don't have balls and the girls are most likely less then attractive :P

• I've been called ugly a lot. Unattractive too. I'd estimate around 20 or more times. First time was by the first girl I asked out, in middle school. Few times by random people I didn't know. And again a good number of times after my break-up with my ex-fiancĂ©e. It got pretty bad.

• The last time I remember being called ugly was like 3 years ago, but the girl that said it was a bit of a bitch tbh, so I didn't really mind.

• heh...I remember like a month ago I was at some club, I saw this really drunk girl who has cute. She was making her way to the bar, I looked at her for like not even a second, then she raised her hand and said "god no eww ugly". lol I thought it was funny though but I wasn't even trying to talk to her anyways she was hot hah, but she was pretty hammered. I could care less most pretty girls have the same personality anyways

• wow, thank you for helping us revisit our darker years

• I think we all have been picked on at some point in our lives. I've been called ugly a few times, but I'm sure they were out of anger. If it wasn't, then I still don't care. I like "douchebag" better anyway :)

• Yeah, a really mean college cheerleader who was perpetually drunk in class said "go eat something you fat ugly f***"), and I'm sure others have I just don't care

• Well she seems like a cheerleader gone wild. I think her parents just let her do what she wanted and well it came back to bite her in the butt. I don't know tho

• Nope never have been called ugly or anything close to it before.

• yes and also they never had to say anything cause I can tell and I've even been told I'm pathetic and hated for no reason

how it made me feel I felt like crying but it hurt too much to and wanted to just fall over and die

how many times... I lost count

who...by girls and family members including my parents

• Yeah. My sister tells me everyday I'm ugly lol. And some dude back in primry school haha. (They're both true btw).

• I mean the situations are both true lol. They both called me ugly. Whether they meant it or not I don't know. I'm actually confused about my looks though because I've got some nice compliments here and there so I dunno.

• i have, lmao but it ends up it was a way a girl in the 6th grade ways trying to say I like you lol

• Mostly by siblings. Other than that, only one person ever called me that and she was p*ssed at me so I don't know if that counts. No one else that I know of

• Plenty of times by all kinds of people. It hurts. My confidence and self esteem already sucks so that doesn't help it.

• No, weirdly I haven't. This question has become a confidence boost!

• nope

• Plenty of times. It doesn't really bother me. I'm content being sub-par in the looks category.

• only my family calls me ugly. But that's not what the ladies say

• Yea, I've gotten ugly by people who were p*ssed at me. I just move on and ignore it.

• Yeeaaaah I have, like everyday.

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 83

• yeah a couple of guys and a lot of girls..but they were clearly jealous lol... I was also called weird, boys would make fun of my legs because they were long...tell me I had a big nose...and that my eyes were big.. it started in 6th probably lasted until 9th or 10th (well to my face it lasted that long with the guys)..im sure girls still call me ugly but their opinions don't matter obviously..and the guys that said it weren't attractive anyway...but it did hurt my feelings sometimes...but the funny thing is all those guys hit on me like crazy now and I laugh about it because everything they made fun of then is what they're complimenting me on now..like my long legs..and how big and pretty my brown eyes are..and the one I love is "oh you're sooo different from all the other girls around here"...in the back of my mind I'm thinking wow aren't you the one that said I was sooo weird...but I do agree that my nose is on the large side lol...but everyone isn't going to think you're pretty so I don't worry about it anymore..as long as I think I look pretty nobody elses opinion matters..

• In middle and high school, I was ridiculed for being ugly and fat. The comments came from boys mainly and then in high school, it was girls and guys. I did have serious acne in high school and I was on various drugs, creams, lotions etc to clear it up. My doctor refused to give me Accutane until I was 17 so I suffered for years. When I dated this guy in high school, his friends said they only reason he took me out at night was so my face was hidden. I was too ugly to be seen in the daylight with my skin. In hindsight I can kind of see that point as cruel as it was. Then, a girl was extremely jealous of me for some reason, I never found out why. She constantly made comments about how disgusting looking I was, I was fat, I dressed poorly etc. (Actually, I wasn't overweight, I was underweight because I had an eating disorder. In addition, I dressed very nicely in designer clothes that I bought myself).

As a result of this torture, I was and still am self conscious of my physical appearance. I do not look in the mirror unless I have to and have only one mirror in my house. When someone pays me a compliment, I don't believe it and just say thank you. The worse thing I experience is when a guy stares at me because I become terribly uncomfortable and look away. I know I am not gross but I still hear the words in my mind that I am not gorgeous either.

• Who would call you ugly? you look beautiful to me as an older looking lady ...stay positive

• Thank you both. I will be honest, I don't see what others see, the issue is my internal dialogue and I know I need to change it.

• I have the same problem smetimes.

• yes of course and by one of the girls who bullied me in highschool and sometimes a few family members.

but their opinions don't really matter to me. I am not ugly at all because I've gotten a ton more compliments than the few who have called me ugly so ha.

• Yes when I was in middle school and high school I was called ugly often. The first few times it effected me pretty negatively, but after a while I learned to ignore it. I stood out and most of the boys didn't like me. I had really large boobs at a young age and a very prominent chin, but outside of school in public situations I was told I was attractive etc. It was hard for me to figure out why at school everyone thought I was ugly. To some people I may very well have been, but I was also a really big bitch. So being a bitch will often get you called ugly.

• Growing up my mom didn't put much effort in making me look like a girl. She would cut my curly hair boyshort because she didn't know how to manage it. And I got her crooked nose so I have always been told I'm an ugly girl and once that I was a cute boy. It was very disspiriting and annoying. I was also a late bloomer.

When I reached High school I realized that I was able to make friends easily despite my looks and realized that people can like me for who I am. I also started to grow my hair out and started wearing a little bit of makeup. I don't let people tell me how I look anymore. It doesn't matter to me mostly because only one person's opinion on that matters to me. My fiance. C:

• there was this same little girl all the way through kindergarten through jr high, who picked on me all through school.she definitly called me ugly and picked on me because I was poor, her name was erica from clovis nm.she was an evil little ****.shes probably being a b+tch to someone right now where ever she is.I never did anything to her, I don't why she hated me so much.she looks like that evil little girl on that cartoon "making feinds",not charlette, but the evil one, every time I see that cartoon, the similarities amaze me.she wore her hair in pigtails just like her everyday too.if she was really just a dark soul, truly by the silvia brown definition.If the projects I'm working on right now continue to pan out, she's gonna be p*ssed.she just saw me as an easy target, because I was a super poor white girl,in a town of mostly hispanics.i am thankful for those who were nice to me.and to the others,mainly her,who never were, success is my revenge! xoxo--your easy target--- and by the way, I get told all the time, I am definitly hot.hotter and more successful than shell ever be.whos the looser now?

• Yep. I haven't been called ugly since I started college, but from elementary through high school I've been called ugly. When I was a kid it used to be boys who called me ugly and liked to pick on me. When I was older, the girls would call me ugly. Most of the time people wouldn't just straight out say ugly, but they would like to pick out the things that weren't attractive about me and make fun of that. I've also gotten called ugly by some troll in the chat not too long ago lol!

When I was younger it used to bother me, but as I got older it hurt less. I grew some thick skin over the years. I still have low self esteem, but for the most part I just try to focus on more important things in life. There is too much going on in the world for me to worry about whether or not everyone thinks I'm pretty.

Anybody who takes the time to say negative stuff to someone who hasn't done anything to them has some personal issues so why would I care about their opinion?

• Ur very right!!! and do you happen to know his name because the same thing happened to me not to long ago.

• Its something like the_lad_jack or lad_the_jack. He has had at least two accounts because he got banned from the site for trolling, but he created a new one. Don't know if he's still on here because I haven't been in the chat that much recently. This happened a few months ago.

• From what I've recall, I've never been called ugly straight to my face. But I'm sure I don't come off as attractive to every single person off there. And I'm fine with that, 'cause the way people think of me isn't going to change the way I live my life.

• Not that I recall. I have definitely been given the impression that someone did not find me attractive but that is the way it works. I have seen girls that I thought were amazingly beautiful and had some guys say they don't agree at all. Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. The best eye to be beautiful in is your own.

• Yes most of my life. I am ugly though. My face is extremely masculine looking. I've been confuses as a guy by people if I'm wearing baggy clothes. I've heard people say: "Wow I thought that was a guy at first." I hate it. Even my nephew who is just an innocent kid once told me he thought I was a boy. He's only 4 so he said one of those random truths that little kids often come out with.

People tell me often though. Even my mom and sister tell me I'm ugly. I've never had a boyfriend and I'm still a Virgin.

• Oh countless times...most recently when I was just walking down the street and a car full of girls I didn't know stopped just so one of them could scream "You're f-ing ugly!" out the window. It didn't really bother me though because I'm too old for taunting by insecure and jealous teenage girls.

• What is wrong with this world.

• Wow girls are really dumb seriously what happened to girls who have dreams - you know the girl angelicatheangel really makes me think of pinks stupid girls I mean seriously people need to grow up and not only that but get a brain if possible! Sorry for the girls who said that to you!

• Also if that is your real pic you are pretty you know that right?!

• ive been called ugly once and it didn't bother me but I've been called cute,pretty,hot,beautiful many times so yeah

• I get called unattractive because of my weight all the time. It sucks, but I realize that the people who focus that much on my looks are shallow and superficial, so they're not worth my time. It also helps to have confidence in yourself.

BTW, I bet you anything that some of the people that put B are lying.

• yepp. my family. other kids. ever since I was little. (I used to be chubby). now a days not so much but I still have that lack of confidence that was built when I was younger so I feel like I am soo hideous compared to everyone. especially considering my boyfriend is so judgemental. he judges other girls and I feel like they're better then me so in my head I make myself believe all these assumptions. the way I am. I've been working really hard to try to regain my confidence.

• My sister says it all the time. It hurts my feelings but people say we look like twins so she really is dissing herself as well.

• A very pretty girl in my daughter's class is always being labelled ugly. This has almost destroyed her and she now believes everything they say. She's called manly, gay, vile and she is the exact opposite of all these things - she is, actually, rather stunning but she hates herself. On the other hand,the plain,slightly overweight (and, ironically enough,quite manly looking) but very confident girl in her class gets asked out by boy after boy. I don't think your question is weird but life certainly is!

• PS - Not that there's anything wrong with being gay. Phew - glad I cleared that up!

• This is awful. :( Although I'm not sure how old your daughter is and why you are talking about children like this (although I guess for the question). But there is nothing wrong with being slightly overweight. Many guys prefer it actually.

• Yep. It was horrid.

But, then a few nice people said the opposite, so I didn't mind!

=)

• Yeah, it wasn't directly. There was this guy who liked my friend and she introduced me to him.

He said "Why do you have ugly friends?" to her.

Ugh. Talk about killing a middle schooler's self esteem. Haha.

I no longer think I'm ugly just average.

• Ive been called ugly. I think everybody is.

you look at that person, and you see that they obviously aren't happy with themselves that's they have to do that. move on, and have a blessed day :D

• yea but I didn't really care because I knew they just wanted to get back at me and it didn't work. I'm not ugly and I know that.

• I have been. By my mum actually x)...and these group of girls that sorta hated me back in primary school (:

• I've been called ugly by a few guys. But most of the time guys call me cute or they say they like my body. Either way, yes I have been called ugly but than again that's their own opinion so I can't really change it. And when the guys called me it, it wasn't really to my face but it's what I heard from my friends so I was kinda hurt, but than I don't care all that much.

• I've been told I was ugly before, but not often. Mainly it's the way people look at me/act around me or treat me is how I can tell they have got something against me. The most recent was last year by this guy I didn't know well. He told me in the worst way.

I would usually feel really hurt by things like this but luckily I've got a different way of thinking now. I'm comfortable with who I am and what I look like. I can't change any of that. So I basically just ignore it the best way I can. :)

• At school, no one ever really said to my face, but I overheard people saying it.

For example I was sitting in a lesson and I heard this kid saying '___ < (my name here) isn't THAT ugly.' Therefore insinuating that I'm ugly :|

And I've heard a bunch of girls talking about how ugly I am .

It made me feel bad at first, then I realised they're just losers anyway :)

• Back in the eighth grade, I remember a boy called me a "walking stick" with a disgusted tone. He didn't exactly call me ugly, but it still hurt. It hurt more because I had a crush on the damn kid!

• i have and it was awful, there was a girl freshman year who called me a ugly slut. it really sucked cept some of my boy friends stood up for me :)

• Only by the psycho on-again-off-again girlfriend of this guy who I was kinda-almost-dating. She hated me, so of course I was ugly to her.

• Yeah, it hurts a bit but I know I am. As long as my boyfriend loves me and tries to convince me otherwise it won't be bother me. I won't let my confidence affect my relationship that much

• I've never been directly told I was ugly or unattractive. However things have been said about certain features of mine that made me feel insecure, so I wouldn't say I have ever been called ugly but I have felt absolutely hideous numerous times. And those comments were just like neutral comments, or the meanest they went was that something looked "weird." So why I have such issues with my appearance I don't know.

• people say I'm pretty and such ad recently guys have been saying I'm hot/sexy but I honestly don't see it. I am asian,flat everywhere but am comfortable w my body and bein in my own skin. but maybe by sexy/hot they mean confidence&personality?!?...

• More from Girls
    53