Ladies if a guy uses hair gel its it a turn on because it makes him look good or turn off because you can't run your hands through his hair?

Ive never heard of hair wax and my hair seems like it is a mess with out something in it and I don't know what to do! so irritating

Most Helpful Girl

• UGH! I HATE a guy who uses too much hair product. One of my pet peeves. Right up there with dudes who wear Axe body spray. In fact, I think it's safe to say that oftentimes, the guy who uses the Axe does have the over-gelled spiky hair. It looks kind of immature sometimes, depending on the style. Just make sure that when you do use gel, it is practically a pea-sized amount, and that you are putting it in your head with the intention of HOLD, SHINE or HARDNESS. I love running my hands through a guy's hair and none of my boyfriend's or even guy friends use it. Personally, I think that any self respecting woman will address the situation if her man takes longer to do his hair in the morning than she does. I understand that dudes like their hair just as much as the next person, and they too have rights to style, so a great idea would be to use styling wax. It holds your hair exactly where it's supposed to, and you can't use too much of it, because it's far too thick to do so. So for the love of God men, if your head looks like this; link

or you look like this; link , chill the f*** out with the gel.

Some guys who know how : link

What Girls Said 17

• Definitely more of a turn off. Crunchy wet-looking [while dry] spiky hair isn't attractive to me. Plus if I'm with a guy, I'm going to want to be able to touch his hair, haha.

A little bit of gel can go a long way, but most people who use it seem to really over-do it and would probably look better without it. Using a pomade or wax type product usually yields more styling ability, is flexible, looks better, and doesn't feel as gross. The hair stays soft. Way more attractive in my book.

• If you're using a tiny amount of gel just to make it look a little bit spiky/messy, that's ok. But other than that, I hate slicked back, overly styled, gelled hair. It is not attractive and is never ok.

• They make all different types of products for your hair, I would just get some extra cash and plan on experimenting. Buy one of everything you can afford and try it out - pick the one that leaves the least residue and weighs your hair down the least. Whether or not it's a turnoff for a girl; sticky, heavy product in your hair is unhygienic and annoying. For my personal opinion whether or not it's a turnoff; it completely depends on the individual and the style of the hair he is going for. Wet-looking (while dry) hair can look nice.. like on an Italian guy. My favorite over-styled style is when you flatten it with mousse or Gel and then it's frozen as if it's just been through a straight iron! especially on bangs - that looks cool for an Asian guy. For your average every-day look, though, the less product the better.

• It depends on the look of the guy. Some can pull it off and others cant. Honestly I love running my hands through my hubbys hair. Perhaps you could wear gel when your out somewhere and when your at home leave the gel out?...

• This answer. My ex would put gel in his hair for that wet spikey kinda look and I LOVED it. really I thought it was supah hot. Was how I saw him when I first met him too.

Whenever we were going out anywhere I'd ask him to do his hair up hehehe But if we were just home, I don't like anything in it

• I personally don't like the hard crunchy feeling that hair gel gives on a guys hair. I like hair better without it. But if I were you, and you feel that you need hair gel, try and find a type that keeps your hair from feeling crunchy! It's so much sexier to rub your hands through a guys hair without all that in there:)

• personally, I think its stupid, you either have to have your hair styled into a sick awesome fauxhawk or no gel at all, because it makes guys look like 12 year olds from back in 2002. tc, hope this helped at all haha

• i honestly hate it when his hair is stiff, it looks funky. I prefer when I can run my hands through it, and not have it come out covered in gunk. it looks weeird.

• As long as you don't have hair like Pauly D you're good

• it depends on your type of hair but usually its gross only the rare guy can pull it of

• If it's a fohawk and doesn't have too much gel, I'm fine with it. :)

• i'd rather not date a guy that wears it, I actually think they'd be better off natural :P

• no, not a turn on. it looks shiny and greasy, yuck

• Curnchy styled hair is a major turn off! But some guys need it and I'd reccomend to a few to try it. If you can fine a type that doesn't leave your hair crunchy and sticky then go for it:) but make sure you look better with it before you go all out for it.

• Totally turn off. I can't stand it at all. When I saw my boyfriend's past yearbook pictures with his hair all gelled back, I told him he can't ever do that to his hair again. I just hate that guys do that! I mean, to me, it just looks super greasy and gross. Sometimes it's okay if it's only a little gel to style it, but anything other than that just is bad.

• Turn off because it make your hair stiff .!

• I like the gel look... but I prefer to run my hands through my man's hair. I think its gross if I play with his hair and then my hand is all sticky. So I would say just gel for special occasions... not every day. That would be perfect.

• well when my boyfriend and I go out or to a dance or something I think he looks very clean cut and sexy when he gels his hair. but when we`re just laying around chillin or somethin I love to run my fingers thru his hair when he has nothing in it. hope this helps

What Guys Said 2

• Certain gels and waxes allow you to have the style while still having soft hair ;)

• Any recommendations?

• Cant remember the name of what I used to use, was a wax, but its been a few years since I used it, got too lazy and started to prefer hair too short to gel :P

• i heard come does the trick. ever seen there's something about mary.