What can I do?

I have had my period for about a year and a half, and it still isn't regular. I always ruin underwear because I don't expect it to come. There are no signs before hand, I just wake up and it's there and I throw out another pair of underwear. Well I take some of that back, it is sorta kinda regular. It always comes around the 15th to the end of the month. But that's too big of a time gap for me to wear pads and waste them for nothing. What can I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've had mine for 3 years now and the dates gradually change could be a week later or earlier, or sometimes a few weeks. I think while you're young (I'm 17) it's going to be irregular. For me I can usually tell how much time I have to go by my discharge although it might vary for different women. I noticed a while ago that in about the 9 days before my period my discharge gets heavier and its just like a clear liquid, then about 2-3 days before my period I have no discharge, then the DAY before (rarely 2 days) I get a thick discharge & the next day I get my period.

Now that's just an example of how I have learned to "read" my body, you should pay attention and look out for those signs as I think they are the best way to tell. People say you get your PMT a week before but I know that my friends and myself included can sometimes get it like 2 weeks before, it all depends.

Best advice that I can give you is try "read" your body I know it sounds corny but it really helps, and always bring pads in your bag where ever you go just in case :).

& yes its too long to start wearing a pad from the 15th to the end of the month, but if you suspect you might be getting it then better be safe than sorry

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• I would take bluexxeyes advice. When I stress out, it likes to come a week to two weeks late. Do you get stressed out easily? But I always know when it's coming because I have very very painful cramps. I throw up, my hands start to curl up, sometimes I faint because it is so painful. I wish that I had no signs before hand. :)

• I used to get mine every other month, and by the time it came I would forget and ruin not only underwear but clothes, and my day at school. My mom put me on the pill, birth control, and it's been regular now for 11 years on it. Talk to your mom and explain to her that that is why you want on it. I'm sure she'll understand.

• that used to happen to me. you can either wait it out, or go to the doctor and ask to b put on birth control, because that regulates ur period

• I have had my period for 4 years and it still isn't regular so no worries there. It might just take your body longer to regulate. But something that I am about to do because it was recommended by my mom and my doctor is to take birth control because it helps regulate things. and helps with symptoms that come with your period like cramps and all of that good stuff. So just talk to your doctor about it and your mom of course and see if that is the right decision for you.

• I would suggest wearing your favorite/ good pairs during the first half of the month, then wear your old/ugly underware after that, so when it starts, you'll ruin the ugly ones instead of the cute ones.