Any tips on how to look better?

Ok, I'm 5'8", and 168 lbs, and I'm trying to look better before high school, but every time I look in a full length mirror I just get really bummed out. I have stretch marks everywhere (hips, thighs, chest), I have broad shoulders, which adds to the "giant" look. The only thing I can think of that makes me feel a little better is that I could look worse. But I'd rather be considered hot. Not just a last resort for some lonely kid. Assistance, anyone?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, my sisters are 5'9 and 5'11 (I'm 5'4, nice huh?) and they both look totally fine. We call the taller one amazon sometimes joking around, but she looks good. They are both very good looking women. If your concern is your height, don't worry about it, embrace it. Your lucky, your not too tall.

If your concern is your weight, I suggest going to the book store and finding a Paul McKenna book. It's called "I Can Make You Thin." This system is amazing. I lost 20 pounds in 8 weeks. And more than what the pound number was, I trimmed myself a lot. I actually look good again.

What Guys Said 1

• First off I want to address your last comment about last resort for some lonely kid, just because someone is lonely doesn't mean their bad, next I would say personally if you want to look better and be considered "hot" is be confident, and with regular diet and exercise you can get the body you want, and it may help you to find someone to diet and exercise with you, I'm not talking about not eating then running until you just pass out that's even worse on your body, I mean actual exercise like sit ups, crunches, and those sorts of things, and as for dieting you can find healthy nutritious food plans on the internet. Hope this helps =/

What Girls Said 4

• I think the healthiest way to go about this is to work with someone who is experienced with tailoring a diet and fitness plan to specific people, like a personal trainer or even your doctor. It sounds like your weight really isn't too bad for your height, so focus on looking trim rather than a certain number of pounds.

For stretch marks, there are a lot of lotions that supposedly help, especially stuff with coca butter to help soften the stressed skin. They will fade some over time, but be reasonable and don't expect them to disappear completely. There are these patches as well with something like Neosporin on them that can be used for scars too. I think they are meant more for burn scars, but the idea is similar.

Try to eat healthy and consistently. Drink lots of water, eat fruit instead of candy, snack on veggies- these also provide lots of fiber and vitamins. Watch portion sizes, not just calories. Don't fall into the trap of fad diets, carbs are good because they are slow burning energy. Eating properly is about balance and moderation rather than eating or avoiding one kind of food.

As for looking hot, it's all about attitude. If you feel confident and happy with yourself, it will show. Love your body and who you are. Maybe take up a sport you love, go running with a friend or biking to explore new places. This will help you slim down as well in a way that is not boring. Patience is important too, since these things take time. Don't be discouraged! It's a really good idea to have someone to talk to about this, so letting a friend know what you're up to can give you someone to support you through it. Good luck to you!

• LOOKING good has a lot to do with FEELING good. If you really want some boost of confidence, wear spanx! I LOVE THEM! They make me feel great! When I feel great I LOOK GREAT! I had 2 kids by c section so I have stretchmarks PLUS a hiddeous scar, stretchmarks everywhere, I've learned to embrace and love them, they aren't sexy but theyre beautiful! Anyway, work out, that will help you feel GREAT! WILL IT EVER! After a month of devoting yourself to working out you will feel it.. The spanx are seriously a life saver and boost for self esteem.. and help that little black dress or "Makes my butt look so delish" look even better at the last minuet.

Give yourself props, you're a beautiful woman! Don't be bummed, love yourself!

Ps Darn those stupid mirrors!

• Get an angled full length mirror in your room. It makes you look longer and thinner.

Start eating healthy and exercising. Just one day of exercising will make you feel so much better about yourself. Imagine what it'll feel like when you start to see results! Working out will give you confidence. Confidence is the key to being 'hot'.

• cardio will help you drop lbs.

i did 30 minutes of cardio 2x a day, ate better, and now people are telling the former ugly fat girl (me) that she looks great and asking what I did! and I was much bigger than you - try 5'6 and 230 lbs. so don't feel down because there is something you can do about it