Are women turned off by body hair?

Let's get real - are women turned off by body hair? Cause I've got it, especially on my chest.a lot of it! Not quite Austin Powers, but, close! And it's a major source of discomfort for me when I go to the beach or whatever requires my shirt to be off. I shave my chest now, and I trim my legs and arms, (luckily I don't have a hairy back) but I hate shaving and it only takes hours for it to become rough to the touch.which I KNOW is not desirable. What's the verdict? Should I leave it alone? Should I keep shaving? Should I seek more permanent means like waxing or lasers?

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally tingle when I see a nice looking guy with a button shirt with a bit of hair sticking out of it. It's so distinctly male and sexy! Now, when it gets to the shoulder and back hair, I have to wrench up my nose a bit.

Now, this is not to take away from guys who are NATURALLY chest hairless. They are great too, but that's not who we are talking about.

Now when I see a guy who is totally hairless, I think gay, egotistical, pre-pubescent. Sorry. And even naturally chest hairless guys still have hair on the arms and legs.

But the biggest thing is that if you don't think you are sexy as is, then no one else ever will.

Good luck!

What Girls Said 8

• Well bottom line you need to do what makes you happy.

On a personal note, I used to hate guys with hair. Every one I dated was naturally hairless, with the exception of one; he shaved, all the time. At the time I was pretty young and thought, "to each his own." But over the 1 1/2 years I dated him, I saw what a pain in the ass it was to keep it up, and I also started thinking he was a little over the top trying so hard to get rid of it.

Now, I actually totally have a thing for/with this guy that is hairy. And it doesn't bother me the way I though it would when I was younger. It actually doesn't bother me at all, I actually kind of like it now. Like Miss Spicy said it's like the symbol of being a man. I think as you mature you realize those things.

I'd say keep it hairy, but (like I said before) you have to do what you want.

• I don't mind body hair (unless it's like Robin Williams--that's kinda gross), but I wouldn't exactly say I find it attractive. It's not something that draws my attention anyway.

But one time when I was in high school, I was with a bunch of girls and we saw Yale's crew team during practice. The other girls thought the guys with the most chest hair were the most attractive. Basically, everyone has their preferences.

If you're not comfortable with your body, people will sense that. Maybe you should go without shaving for a while and see how that goes.

• Personally I don't care about arm and leg hair but I do care about the chest hair. I personally don't like chest hair. If it makes you that uncomfortable then yea you should look into laser because it gets rid of some of it and slows the growth on the rest of it. If you don't want to do lasers then waxing is a good alternative because it removes the hair from root to tip so for your hair to grow back it is going to have to grow another root! So either one of those is a great idea but shaving is just to much of a hassle and like you said, it takes only hour until it grows back so don't even bother shaving it.

• To me a guy is more sexy if he has no hair on his chest. So it might take you forever to get rid of it, but please remind yourself of the fact that a girl has to do the same (and more) as well ; ) you won't go for a girl with hairy legs and many girls won't go for a guy with too much chest hair

• well, I wouldn't care much about leg or arm hair, but if you have an excessive amount of chest hair, then I would recommend getting it waxed or something along those lines. a little hair is okay, but if you end up looking like a hairy ape (not saying you are) then its unattractive. lol but that's coming from my perspective, some women actually like that sorta thing. just do what you have to do in order to feel comfortable with yourself. if you don't like, it wax it or continue shaving, but if its whatever then just leave it alone (:

• I think you could wax if you don't like it.

Personally I like a hairy guy as it is quite manly, but either way not fussed.

I think you should definitely discontinue the shaving whatever you decide to do after is your choice.

You could go to a salon to get it waxed (don't be put off).

It's just about what you feel most comfortable with really.

• I love a hairy guy! Its very manly and hot! lol I hate it when guys have a need to remove every inch of hair.

• Well I don't know about other girls, but I don't really like the overly hairy chest thing, I kind of like happy trails as long as they're not too bad. but the other day I was swimming with this one guy and he had stubble from shaving his happy trail and a tiny bit on his chest and I thought it was kinda cute cause it was. not perfect you knoww :P and I thought it was cute that he was making an effort :]

What Guys Said 0