Am I really all that ugly?

My whole life I've always been the other girl. The one to never have a boyfriend, the one who no one wanted to date. When my friends asked if they were ugly I said no of course not, but when I ask they never answer back or said your ok, It really gets my self confidence down.

Most Helpful Girl

• You have a lovely face.

Girls or supposed "friends" who ask if they are ugly are generally fishing for compliments and I say that you should let them carry on fishing without taking the bait! These sorts of girls are ususally the ones with the low self-esteem and that's probably why they said you are "ok". They want to feel great about themselves whilst making everyone feel rubbish in the process. There is a right way to be confident and with time and compliments from loving people who are close to you the confidence will flow.

For many years I was told that I was ugly but now I don't think that that is true at all. I have redeeming features - I have nice skin and eyes and above all I am a nice person. I know that this is true and in time you will believe in yourself too.

What Guys Said 17

• I'm going to be honest here. I'm getting very tired of seeing absolutely gorgeous girls posting this same exact question on this site and I'm starting to think the majority of you are just fishing for compliments. What's next? Carmen Electra or Pamela Anderson posting this question?

• I don't know what's wrong with your friends but you look beautiful.

Maybe your jut a bit shy and so are a bit hard to approach.

Are you social at all. Does your group of friends hang out with other guys on a regular basis. This is usually the easiest place to meet people.

Maybe it's exactly the opposite and that your so hot that guys are intimidated by your good looks. I think the cheerleading thing might add to this.

Maybe it's just that you've had bad luck so far. It's not bad to still be single at 17. I didn't have my first girlfriend until I was 17.

Oh and don't worry about it being your senior year. In College no one knows each other so everyone is looking to make friends. My bro told me that you basically just have to go up to people and start talking.

• Your friends are jealous. Give it another year and you won't be friends with them, because they will show their true colors. Cheap and dishonorable.

• Ehh, I've been in the same boat as you. Felt that I was unattractive and that no one wanted me. I learned that maybe they couldn't handle me or were missing out on a person like me. I think you are pretty, and you should tell yourself the same thing. NO ONE deserves to feel ugly. We were all wonderfully made. I'm 20 and have never had a real girlfriend, but it's okay. Someday, I'm going to meet a young woman who thinks I am the finest man in the world. You're going to find a man who thinks that you are the most beautiful thing he has ever laid eyes upon. Keep your head up, gorgeous.

• You're pretty, but your profile says that you've been dating your boyfriend for two years. Why not ask him how you look?

• Your not ugly at all. And another positive is that your good looking, but not to the point where you look stuck up and unapproachable. If you went to my school (assuming you have a good personality) I would go out with you.

• Girl, if anybody ever tells you that you're ugly, I want you to slap them in the face. Cause you are a gorgeous girl and like Jarett said, if you smiled it would make it that much better! He's also right about the shyness and the flirting. Just put yourself out there if you think a guy is cute, try to make a move. He'd be an idiot not to respond. Gorgeous, absolutely GORGEOUS.

• FINALLY, a girl who wants to know if she's attractive or not and actually has a picture of herself! You are a very pretty girl hun. You have a very sexy face and pretty eyes. You do need to smile though :o) As far as your hair, it looks pretty long which is good. And it's alright to never have had a b/f. I didn't have a girlfriend until I was 18. Chances are, you're pretty shy, right? Probably don't do a lot of flirting, or really letting the guy know how you feel. Am I right?

• You are an attractive young lady that should not be worrying about her looks. What you need to work on is your self esteem. Stop letting others tell you how you should see yourself when you see yourself as attractive, others will see it to but if you see yourself as unattractive, they may not see how beautiful you really are. Now let me write this down so I can tell my own daughter this someday should she need to hear it.

• "The one to never have a boyfriend, the one who no one wanted to date. "

That's funny because your profile says this:

"I'v been with my boyfriend for 2 years and three monthes and we're happier than ever"

You're hot and you know it. You don't have to fake it over the internet to get a couple compliments.

• I don't know about the losers where you live @. but I would love to take you out!

you know most of the beautiful women from tv say that they were unpopular or a tom boy or just the ugly duck back in high school. LOOK AT THEM NOW! Don't Sell yourself short sweety!

• You don't have anything to worry about. You've got the "girl next door" thing going for you.

• your definitely not ugly and definitely above average lol again average in michigan isn't that high(where I live) but I would say your a very attractive girl

• Your not ugly at all, In a matter of fact if I had the chance to ask you out I would.

• dont listen to them your georgous

• your hot!

• You are very pretty, lets go on a date, what do you say ; ) ?.

What Girls Said 14

• Ok first of all, you are only 17 :) You still have ALOT of time to enjoy, before you start dealing with boyfriends, and drama. etc.

Dont compare yourself to other girls. Especially at your age, as you get older, you'll realize what is really more imp in life than looks, and having a boyfriend.

Anywayz, you are BEAUTIFUL. I know my opinion doesn't matter because I'm not a dude, but, Id do a double take on you if you walked by :)

Oh and, these friends you are hanging out with. who asks that kind of question anyway? Iv never heard of a friend who asked if she was ugly/pretty. what are they? eleven-teen? cmon.

when did it matter what other people thought anyway? If my friend asked if she was pretty, Id just say "abosolutely.not " (as a joke ofcourse), but, she'll get my point.

• First of all your not ugly at all and you shouldn't compare yourself to other girls because you have your own look and your own taste. If I we're you I would surround myself with people who care about me. Those people who say your ugly aren't real friends because a real friend would never say such things. As for you not having a boyfriend your only 17 plenty of time for you to have s0o0o0o don't even worry about it there will be plenty of them . ANd lastly be confident in yourself guys like that if girls are because it's and attractive quality .

• You're very cute! :)

You have freckles! I love the look of girls with freckles! =)

You're very cute! (wops. I already said that)

You look like you might be wearing braces, which, I think is a wonderful thing, since you're going to have beautiful teeth later in life! So if that's what you're worried about, DON'T BE! Ok?

Enjoy life and be confident, because how you see yourself is how the rest of the world is going to see you!

(hope I wasn't wrong about the braces xD )

*StillWater*

• Um you're actually really pretty! You just need to be more confident. I learned that if you act confident, people will treat you like your gorgoues; but if you seem negative you will only get that in return.

Those people saying you're ugly.um I don't know what's wrong with them but you're not.

Don't listen to what others say anyway. Half the time people judge you based on other people's high school standards anyway. Like this girl I went to school with was kinda nerdy and quiet and nobody really talked to her.after graduation she got more confident and now every guy who ignored her is trying to get with her.the prettiest girl who had all the guys wanting her has 2 kids and is fat now. So just because someone *says* you're ugly doesn't make it true. YOU define who you are don't let other people do it!

• Its obvious you are not ugly, you just need the self-confidence. Just be more out-going, talk to people, and just be yourself. But I don't see why people are giving you an "ok" rating, I give you a "wow".

• Is that a picture of you? If so, you're not ugly! I think you're pretty! Don't worry. Almost every girl doesn't like the way they look. A lot of girls try to make themselves feel better by making others feel bad.

• so wat? ur friends are stupid, you gotta meet new people in the world!

there'll be a hawwt guy that none of thoses bitches have ever seen before waiting to be ur boyfriend

it's just that thoses people are 2 ugly to see who you really is inside, wait till they get old, they'll all be ugly as shit, and u'll still great inner beauty<3

• Are you serous you have to stop caring what people think of you I am like you but not that shy I have been the other girl so I got over it and just had fun then one of my friend that like all of the boy liked me and I asked why cause I don't care what people think of me and you look hot for a lot of guys telling you a girl with 3 scars on her faces

• If you're ugly then I must be a down right dog =/ that's my way of saying you're very pretty and if your friends say nothing then they are full of themselves. And blah if you have a hard time finding a date, it's over for me

• well if that's your picture, then I don't know what your friends are talking about. I think you're amazingly pretty.

i'm guessing that your friends are more than a little jealous.

• omg, yur so pretty, yu more then pretty, yu don't have very nice friends,

and yu could get any guy yu wanted,!

• no WAY! you're gorgeous! I'm sorry but whichever of your friends acts like that is a jealous bitch!

• You're fishing, right? Posting cute pictures and then crying ugly duckling. It seems like you were just gunning for compliments here.

• First off you aren't ugly. And second I know where you are coming from. All my friends have had tons of boyfriends and it seems all the guys want them. And then there's me. I am the one who gives advice to a friend, cheers a friend up when she is down. I am the smart girl, the one to help everyone with their homework. And on top of all that,my sister is gorgeous. So I have been living in her shadow my whole life. But I never ask my friends what they think of me. It shows insecurity, and it will just make you feel worse. There was a Seventeen article about body bashing. They said it may seem like you feel better when you say "Oh I am so ugly, I am so fat etc" to your friends and they say "no you aren't, you are perfect." But it hurts your confidence more to say that about yourself. So you are pretty, and just have confidence in yourself and everyone will notice it. You can't change your looks, and life is too short to be depressed about your looks. SO make them best of them and have fun. Someone will think you are beautiful even if you don't. That's what helps me. Oh and, you are the toughest critic on yourself. You might think your nose is big, or your face is too round, but odds are no one even notices any of that. (That was just an example I think your nose is perfect). Ok sorry that was long I got carried away. :)