Why do half the guys at my school think I'm hot and half think I'm ugly?

so we did this poll thing where every guy at my school had to rate every girl. this was the rating score sheet:

1. ugly as f***

2. ugly

3. average

4. above average

5. pretty

6. hot

7. hot as hell

exactly 50% of guys gave me hot as hell and the other 50% gave me ugly as f***. the guys did this in a classroom watched by a teacher so they couldn't collaborate or anything (it was for the yearbook). I don't know all the guys personally but I'm nice to all of them and I only have 3 guy friends so it's not like my friends made me have more higher ratings or something. why is this?

Most Helpful Girl

• i guess it was just accidental that it ended up 50/50

the votes might have been influenced by likebility as well--like they gave you a high score because you are hot as hell or they gave you a low score becasue they don't like you as a person and deliberatley gave you a low score--eventhough you are still hot. Becasue I find it hard to understand how 50 percent of people can think you on the high end of the scale and the other to think you're on the opposite low end of the scale-- these votes must have been influenced by the likeability factor.

just a thought.

What Guys Said 4

• Because no one will ever have 100% approval by anyone, everyone has different tastes a lot of guys would like megan fox for instance, but a lot think she isn't attractive or abit of an airhead. The fact it was dead on 50/50 is just luck (or not). But I mean it's coincidental, having said that in surveys I'm half assed and tick whatever just to fly through it.

• you had this poll in your school? what school has a poll for guys to rate girls on attractiveness? that school is messed up

• not really sure, but it might be due to race issues

like if ure black, then black guys might find you hot, while white dudes do not ! maybe !

• because all guys are idiots in school

What Girls Said 3

• My first thought was to ask you if you're considered one of the "popular" girls at school. If that's the case, a lot of people might find you very attractive, but people who aren't popular might have some distaste toward you simply because you're popular.

But what the hell kind of school would allow something like this?

• Because you're in high school?

Only high schoolers do stupid "polls" like this then whine and cry about results later

• wtf kind of bulls*** poll is that..

it's all a matter of preference. if you're so curious, ask them. no one else can answer why they think you're hot as hell or ugly as f***.. it's their opinion