Do people think fat unattractive guys are idiots like they are portrayed on TV?

Okay, as a bigger and by most standards unattractive dude, do most people think of guys like this as idiots a la homer Simpson or peter griffin or the king of queens. Are we seen as sweet but dumb idiots who shouldn't even have girlfriends even though they do. I am just wondering if people think this a lot. I know people say personality matters, but at my age I don't think it does. I am 21 and sadly most girls I know care more about looks, same with most guys too.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you use fat jokes to make fun of yourself then I'm gonna think you're an idiot but no I don't think the public in general think that...its only in movies. Don't worry...i know looks matter to a degree but in the end it will never keep a girl and guy together. Whatever persona you put on is what girl sees you as...if you're serious...then you're serious. In my opinion...i do not see overweight guys that way. whatever persona they put on is what I see them as...If I can't take them seriously and trust them then I will probably think their dumb idiot. If people can confide in...then nobody will take you as an idiot. have a balance...you can be funny yet people can trust you.

What Girls Said 4

• Personally, I'm smart enough to realize that looks have nothing to do with intelligence and personality

• I find you attractive ;)

• No, the devil is a liar. It's all about how you carry yourself. If you act idiotic and loserish, you might remind people of the stereotypical Peter Griffin type, but if you don't act like that people won't see you that way. Completely honest yes, at 21 years old most people do care about looks. Guys and girls for the most part consider physically attraction important parts of relationships, and many won't even consider dating someone is not attractive in their eyes. There are a few people of both genders who can overlook looks, but keep in mind, if they are overlooking your looks most likely you might have to overlook their physical imperfections too.

• absolutely not, it all comes down to personality and how you carry yourself. I'm 21 and knew this hugee fat guy in my math class and he was so witty and funny and intelligent, he kept me awake in that class and just entertained, I enjoyed his company a lot and think he was an awesome person! I think the most important trait that made him attractive to others was 1) how happy he was being himself enjoying life to the fullest and 2) being confident about it =]

• I have friends that describe me like this, but I've never had a girl friend. So, this guy, would you date him? Because being witty and fun to be around doesn't mean you're out of the friend zone.

• Hmmmn I think overtime I would give it a chance, but I don't think he was interested in me at the time and I'm also seeing someone else too..so I wasn't interested like that. I have cousins and friends who have dated the opposite sex that were obese and such and I know one cousin married one and theyre in love...i think its all about the chemistry and attraction you feel with someone. I have a friend from junior high school who also married a huge guy and is a proud mom/wife

What Guys Said 1

• Stop moping about it and do something about your weight. I used to be obese last year, now I'm just overweight and still working on it.