Help me stop him!!

There is this guy at school that NO ONE likes. I know that is so mean and awful, but you haven't met him. He is way shorter than everyone else, and then he makes fun of me and my friends for being short :P. But it is my nature to try to always be nice to everyone, so I am as nice to him as I can. Well he got a myspace and asked me to be his friend. He has like 20 friends. And he messages or comments me EVERY SINGLE DAY. AT LEAST four times a day. All asking me what I am doing. When he wakes up in the morning he messages me and says GOOD MORNING. He messaged me THREE times (one saying hey sexy how you doing) before I decided to respond. I responded and we talked about our summers. Now he will not leave me alone. He has messaged/commented me abot 60 times in three days. I always deny his comments and delete his messages (I don't respond anymore). He STILL doesn't get the hint. I do not want to tell him to leave me alone (or a nicer cersion of that) because he has no friends and I can't d that to him. So what can I do?! Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that you need to be honest with him and tell him that you do not like him in that way, but that you can still be friends. That is something that a "nice" girl would say in order to not hurt a guy who likes her, in a "normal" situation. He will probably take the hint from that and not keep bugging you or else he will just try to be your friend in some other way. It really sounds like he's got rejection issues as well as what you mentioned, so I think it's admirable that you are wanting to not hurt him. I think that by you setting "boundaries" with him about what is acceptable from him, such as just being friends with him, that he will find that you care enough as a person to not hurt him, but that you do not want to go out with him. I think that he will have some semblance of respect for you for being humane to him, whereas other people may not have been. It also sounds like he has been very hurt and wounded in his life and that may be why he is acting the way that he is. People have probably not been very nice to him throughout the years, so he is probably expecting that type of treatment from everyone, and so he lives up to the part. I knew a kid like that when I was in school. We had actually grown up together. His dad was an alcoholic and both parents were abusive and neglectful. His parents would rather buy beer than diapers or food for them when they were little. I hadn't seen him for about 10 years until high school. I tried to talk to him and he literally told me to get away from him or he was going to cut my throat! I tried to be nice to him when I saw him, but he would call me every name in the book - for no reason, if I would try to talk to him or be nice to him. I don't know what his parents did to him, but he was really messed up by the abuse in his family - really bad! I know that sounds extreme, but I'm just letting you know that I understand. At any rate, I wish you good luck with this situation!

• Oh dear that;s awful. I hate to hear things like that. He could have been something big and it is his parents' fault for ruining him. Well, thanks fro the asnwer :)

• Yeah, you're right! It was really tough. I never saw him again after high school, so I have no idea what happened to him after that.

• No you didn't depress me haha but maybe he got himself a good job or met a girl.

What Guys Said 3

• I hate hearing about the outcasts of a school, because even though they act to wild for most, they are literally calling out for support. This guy does sound relatively harmless, and he probably just wants friends. At this point he's probably more interested in girls as friends than guys because he figures guys are not going to change their ways. He figures girls will at least accept him if given the opportunity.

If you don't want to socialzie with him you have to tell him honestly and directly, you can't duck around it and play in the gray area, because then he'll keep going. This guy does not understand boundaries because he's been messed with so badly that as soon as he gets a shot at an actual friend he doesn't want it to go away.

You have to say flat out, I'm not interested in you as a friend, leave me alone. Don't ask nicely and don't leave any room for interpretation.

• You're a nice person for tolerating him, because he seems to have formed an attachment. It's unfortunate because his cure (more friends) will be difficult to achieve because of his nature. It's in both of your best interests for you to be totally honest with him. Tell him directly that you appreciate his comments, so there is no need for him to send so many every day. One good compliment is better than a dozen "hey sexy"s. Also, make it clear that referring to girls as "sexy" outside of a relationship is not okay, and that he should know better than to say that to a woman.

Basically, this guy needs a lesson in etiquette, and you're just the person to deliver it to him with kindness.

• Just say that you need some space

everyone else got all the good answers =\

What Girls Said 2

• I would block him as a friend honestly

• Just ignore him, he'll get it.