How can I get rid of a headache without medication?

k .i get TONS of headaches but I recently found out that I'm not able to take most of the medication (like advil,tylenol.etc.) because they give a allergic reaction with the other medication/vitamins I take. what helps headaches the best?

Most Helpful Girl

• Try folding a washcloth and getting it warm. I always put it in the microwave although that's probably not a good thing. And just lay down with it on your forehead and relax and take breaths. It also works well with a cold washcloth. Both ways work for me but warm just feels better.

What Guys Said 2

• Sometimes I take a long shower with all the lights off. Or I put a really warm wet washcloth over my eyes and sit down for a bit. Absolute best way to get rid of one though is a nap. An hour snooze knocks out even the worst of my headaches.

• The things you just named gives the headache the best. But ask you're doctor what's good for you.

What Girls Said 2

• I would try acupuncture and most health insurance companies will cover a portion of the bill. try laying down in the dark and turn the tv and or music off.

• I get a lot of migraines, and sometimes I put an icepack on my forehead (sometimes putting it on your neck helps too). And caffeine is supposed to help get rid of headaches.

• I read that caffeine is the cause of lots of headaches and is especially bad for migraines, as is chocolate and cheese.

• That's wonderful, but I didn't read about my migraines, I experienced them firsthand.

The effects differ depending on the person, but check a painkiller like Excedrin and you'll see that caffeine is one of the main ingredients.