Is there something wrong with me?

OK guys, I need a little bit of help when it comes to the whole relationship thing. I'm 18 and I've only had one real girlfriend in my whole life, but she really effed me over. Anyway, I've had this kinda emptiness in me I guess? I know that its not a necessity but I really wanna be in a relationship. I don't know where I mess up with these things, honestly. I can get a girl for a little while and it will be really great, then everything just changes. I don't know if it's because I mess up or what but it just changes and I'm kinda tired of getting hurt so many times. I've been single for going on 4 years now and I'm not that experienced with girls. I do get compliments from them though. I hear that I'm "cute" or "adorable" all the time. I am kind of a big guy, not huge or anything, just kinda chubby I guess. I don't have much style or any of that really. Just a jeans and t-shirt kinda guy. I am from the country and I go for the country type. I don't know why but country girls are what put me in a choke hold and won't let go. I don't know if there is something wrong with me, or something about me that just turns girls off completely or what but it really gets to me. Over the past 4 years I've tried to be in a relationship but they just never seem to work out.. Like I said, everything will be good for a month or two maybe even three, but then there comes a point where she just doesn't want anything anymore or she just completely lead me on. I am not very experienced with things like this at all really. I do know that when I meet the next girl that will give me a chance I would be able to treat her right. I know I can treat a lady the right way. For me its not about party's and sex, I have a little more respect for girls than all that. I just want somebody to be there and want to be around me even just sometimes. I don't really know what's up with me or if I just over react to these kind of things or what. I know this is really long but I tend to ramble. Haha. Thanks to everybody that is willing to help me.

That would be a total slap in the face. If I tell her that I like her and she quits talking to me...then what would I expect if I asked her out? That's pretty much like asking your parents for a brand new car knowing that they are going to say "No"

What Girls Said 1

• I'd suggest becoming friends with a girl before dating her, as opposed to starting to date while you barely know eachother. This will help, it helped me for sure, becasue I did this and I've been happily married to my best friend and lover for 9 years <3

• The most recent girl that I like, I've been friends with for about 8 months but made sure I didn't get too close. I had no plan of having feelings for her but I started to somewhere down the line. I'm not in love with the girl or anything like that. I just kinda have some kinda feelings for her. We've been friends and everything and we flirt sometimes I guess. She always talks about how she gets treated horrible by guys and I want her to see that I could be somebody that would treat her right.

• I meant that I told her that I had a crush on her and she hasn't said anything to me since then. I take that as she isn't interested? I'm just ready for my girl to come along so I can show her how she's supposed to be treated. It might not have been the girl I'm talking about here but I guess I can wait for her. I'm not to worried about her anymore really. There's over 3 billion girls in this world, one of them has to be mine, right?

• Yep! There are many many MANY fish in the sea!! I know it's not as easy as it sounds, but why don't you just ask her out?

What Guys Said 1

• You ain't doing anything wrong, you're just mistaking love and flirts. There are A LOT of girls I flirted with, made out with, slept with etc. But only two of them have REALLY stolen my hearth. Now, when a flirt breaks up, it is a hard thing to deal with. If love breaks, it is devestating! Just walk around in life and some day, you'll know what I was talking about...