So, my school is having an event tomorrow, where we all dress up as a certain decade. I chose the 50's and have most of my outfit, a romper, a belt, etc. I am planning on wearing high heels and red lipstick too. But how should I do my hair? I wanted an Elizabeth Taylor look, but my hair doesn't curl easily, and it's kind of hard to manage. You can look at my profile pics, my hair comes a little past my shoulders.

Should I just do something simple, like a ponytail tied with a bow?

Most Helpful Girl

• what about a headband with a "poof" in the back? kinda like this?

link

that'd be easy to do, would suit your hair, and would look 50's... :)

here's some more pics

link

link (But a wider headband...)

What Guys Said 1

• you gotz school tomorrow? sucks. mines been done since last friday... and yeah a ponytail with a bow is usually what they wore back in the 50s. also google is your best friend

• Yup, love google. And yeah, school doesn't get out till the 25th. What with all the snow days central jersey got.

• READ MY MESSAGE ALREADY.

oh and she said your ugly. but I was like "LOL NO". nbd, don't ask her about it though

• All right, all right, I read it. :) And she said I was ugly? Psshht. Well.

What Girls Said 2

• Here are some late 50's hair styles that look like they would work with your hair a lot easier. link You could also try Googling pin up girl looks for ideas.

• Women didn't really wear their hair straight in the '50s. Maybe you should've picked the '60s/'70s lol

You could try an Audrey Hepburn kind of up-do style.