Define my body type - 2 months of working out

So I've lost 12 pounds in the last 2 months, and have been working out pretty much every day for 2 months. My body has changed to a point that I don't know how to define it anymore. I don't want weight loss advice- I know how to do that haha. I just want opinions.

I am 5'1, with a 34in ribcage, 29in waist, and 36in hips. I have a large body frame

Currently at 128, want to get at 120, but would love to be at 110.

link

link

Most Helpful Guy

• Your body looks like someone took a bunch of parts that look good on their own but put them together in a way that doesn't really mesh. Your torso is large for your body naturally and losing fat won't change that. In order to make everything be "in proportion" I would suggest adding some size to your arms and legs. I would definitely say that right now your main issue (and it isn't much of one--you look good) is just getting your body in proportion rather than losing more fat, and doing that means adding size to your arms and legs.

• PS Congratulations on your progress!

• Well I hate my body.

its f***ing ugly

• I've learned to not pay any attention to it when girls say things like that. They all do and 9 times out of 10 they don't have a reason to. It's just an unnecessarily low self image.

What Guys Said 11

• I think you look good, you have really nice breast, don't lose to much of that ass though, that's important ( a little junk in the trunk never hurts)

• Your body type looks like "apple" :P lol

However, you're looking very good. I can see your stomach is starting to tone up. Keep up the good work!

• wear clothes that fit you better and you will look better

• What am I wearing that doesn't fit?

My bra was actually measured for me, so that's actually fine.

• They are on my body, I think I would notice if they were digging into my hips so much that they gave me a muffin top- those would be painful.

BTW they are made of spandex, of course you're going to see them stretching, that's what they are supposed to do. Going up one size makes it too saggy in the butt which is also not flattering.

• Well then might I suggest some sort of boy short or whatever they are called that go a little down on your legs and a little higher on the hips. A new material too, like whatever the lace underwear is made out of. It will do a lot for you.

• Well done girl.The front looks great. If you are you also working on your butt and legs, you're going to look awesome.

• Just keep going you'll look great in a few monthes

• You seem more like a tube judging by this link

• not sure what type of opinion you are looking for. Don't get to a weight you can't maintain with a normal workout and basic diet.

• Im pretty good at maintaining, I normally don't pig out on food and such, and I'm pretty good at maintaining a 5 pound window. So I would like to be around 110-115.

• i would say skinny. do some squats and get that booty bigger.

• average

• You have sexy and hot body pleader don't lose your wait you look hot in this body

• Good job. You seem to be a "apple" according to the link below. If you want to improve more I think you should work out your ass and legs so you get bigger muscles there. But don't work out every day, because muscles grow when they rest, if you don't let them rest it won't matter how much you work out, they won't get bigger.

• At the moment I'm more concerned with losing fat rather than muscle. So I eat lower calories, and do an hour of cardio to burn them off. I was lifting for a while, but fat loss is more done with diet and cardio, so I'm going to go for that first and then work on lifting.

What Girls Said 8

• Average...

Just a word of advice: go somewhere and get a proper bra fitting, not Victoria's secret go somewhere that specializes in it and let them measure you without your bra on. A better fitting bra will be much more comfortable and attractive. Same with the underwear those make your toned body look like you are cramming it into underwear that are too small.

• I did have my bra fitted to me. I went to Fredericks of hollywood. I'm 34 around (ive even measured that myself) and a C cup. Keep in mind its a pushup bra too, so it makes my boobs look bigger.

Keep in mind that those panties aren't tight at all, they are super comfortable and aren't digging into my hips.

• I think you are a tube/banana/straight body shape, whatever they like to call it. It sounds like you carry your weight around your stomach and hips, so cardio is good, if you want a smaller waist you'll have to sit ups with turns, things like that. If you keep exercising very heavily, your waist won't get smaller because of the muscle build up.

• It is also the way my body is built- I have a large frame and am barrel chested so I'm not exactly able to have a small waist. One of the only ways-other than working obliques- to get a smaller waist is fat loss which is done by consuming less calories, and cardio. So I think with that combination more fat will come off

• keep up the good work. It takes a lot to loose weight, takes a lot of mental will power. Good for you. You should be proud

• If you have anything good for pear shaped people let me know haha!

what did you do...

I have a 36'' rib 27.5 waist 40 hips and I'm at 128 aswell... but I don't know... what to do... please let me know what you did!

YOU LOOK GOOD!

• I cut out anything with added sugar and flour for a month and worked out in addition, and then when I plateaued I added more foods in but counted calories with an online food diary and I work out every day.

• I would not call you an apple that is more for people that are fat and round you are not fat. I would call you straight because there is not much difference between your waist and your hips or chest size.

• Is that the Miraculous Pushup Bra? haha

I would say it is pretty athletic. You put on fat on the upper half of your body. (opposite of me..)

Uhhh I don't know what you call that body type

• I got that bra at Fredericks, got fitted for it and everything- love it.

• Oh it looked like the one from VS

• Nope, I'm a Fredericks of Hollywood kinda girl :)

• How did you lose so much weight?! You have a good body keep up the good work!

I hate the media recently.

It gets me in such a poor mood :(

• I know what you mean, it can get tough sometimes. I myself don't always feel good about my body. One thing I have figured out is that no matter what weight you are at, you still have fat days, and weight loss isn't a cure all for poor self esteem

Often times we see the ideal body or face we want and we also attribute all the ideal things like complete happiness and love to them as well, when in reality they are often dealing with the same things as everyone else- the struggle too.

• You don't have a large body frame. You just obviously have gotten used to seeing yourself overweight. You could easily pull off going down to 110 at 5'1". Keep going.

• Thank you. My actual build like my rib cage and my body frame is a large frame though, I did the whole body frame test.

• Yes, it is about your bone size and usually taken at your wrist. I am a very small frame and from your pics you really looked small framed to me too, but I guess that is one of the things about pics, without reference points you cannot tell. My wrist is about 5.75 inches in circumference. Some people call me skinny but due to my build I am just a small person. Adding fat won't make me bigger, just fatter.

• Oh, and I saw the comments above about you needing to gain in your arms and legs. I don't agree with that. You already have great arms for a girl. They are toned and not skinny and from what I can see of your legs, they look fine. I bet you will simply continue to lose the fat in your mid-section and, if, for some reason you were dissatisfied with what happened after another 8-12 lbs came off, guess what, you could just eat a little more and gain it back.