Looking for a job in Victoria's Secret store?

Well I've never worked before and there's a job posting at my local mall. I guess one for cashier and one for sales associate and stock. I want a job but do I just waltz in the store asking to see the manager for a job without buying anything? *uh no*. I'm 18 and I'm graduating from high school on the 25th of this month. I already have a resume. I've been put in fast paced environments. I was on the senior committee, lacrosse team, and the production team on the light boards and sound for school production. I'm personable. I'm an average looking black girl and I'm curvy. Should I apply? For those who've worked for VS or are still employed: What was/is it like to work in VS? Now I've done my research and I've heard people said it sucked because they get minimum wage. Do you wear the same thing to work everyday? I mean 95% of what you're wearing is black anyway. Is it true that you're required to sell one VS card by the end of your shift? How do they set up your hours?I know... I have so many questions...

Most Helpful Girl

• you can just walk in the store, ask for an application, and not buy anything. Any job in retail is going to suck. I used to like people and then I started working in retail, sometimes all you can do is just smile at people who are b*tching at you for things beyond your control and just appologize. Just go in and apply and don't worry about it, but if you're working in the mall chances are it will suck. Every store in the mall has employees who could get together and b*tch about how stupid people are for hours because you really don't know how stupid people can be until you work retail. I once got accused of giving a woman fake money because I gave her a Susan B. Anthony dollar because I didn't have any more dollar bills and my manager was busy and one girl at my store got accused of memorizing someone's credit card number because she had to look at the last 4 numbers to complete the sale, nevermind the fact that she saw hundreds of credit card numbers that day and of course didn't remember, or care, what any of them were.

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe just apply and deal with the real world and all that it will heap upon you...should you get the job...

What Girls Said 1

• Go up to the lady that's working there and ask for a app and she will give you one.