I was told ''you seriously could look better'' what does this mean?

there is this boy who likes me as I was told by his best friend, well after graduation he told me I could of looked better! why did he say that? what did he mean, I asked him if he thought I'm ugly he said I was suppose to take it as a compliment! boys out there explain what this dude meant! why you ever say that to a girl! or he thinks of me as a friend that's why he said it!

I'd like to point out h meant my make up could of looked better!

whats wrong with this creep who says that!

Most Helpful Girl

• he is one of those assholes who think that it's their place to critique a girl's looks even when she didn't ask him. if someone says something offensive or rude to you put him in his place or say something mean back. be like "yeah lay off the axe cologne next time" or make fun of his hair lol

What Guys Said 5

• I think he's an idiot for saying that, but he meant well. He was probably trying to say that you're pretty but the way you looked at that time (for whatever reason) wasn't as good as usual or something along those lines.

• Who knows - how was his tonality and demeanor when he said it? He could've tried to be funny/a smart arse and failed? OR perhaps he was meaning that with the grad uniform you didn't look as good as you normally do..dunno

• I think he thinks you are covering up your beauty with what you are wearing or something, I don't see why else he would say something like that.

• beauty is in the eye of the beholder :D

• Well he is entitled to his opinion, maybe he has a different preferance for make up on girls...deal with it..

What Girls Said 0