Do you think it's right for people in a relationship to be looking at others?

my boyfriend has a thing about looking at girls I asked him to stop once and he said he did but I know he lied about it. now I'm asking him to not look once more I don't like it that he does that if he loves me wants only me his eyes will be on only ME simple as that.

Most Helpful Girl

• girl I don't blame you guys shouldn't be in a relationship if they want to still play the field

• THANK YOU!!!! that looking sh*t is for the single people if your not done looking don't f***in hook up simple save us girls the hurt.

What Guys Said 2

• Now, don't take this harshly or anything, but you must not know anything about men, or humanity in general for that matter. Men are designed to look. We look everywhere we go and we couldn't stop it even if we wanted to. On average, men think about something sexual once every seven second. But you're asking your boyfriend to stop cold turkey? That's the equivalent of telling a dog not to wag its tail. Does that mean we don't feel guilty about it? No. Does that mean we're going to do something about what we see? Of course not. In the same respect, I know perfectly well that women look. I know my girlfriend looks from time to time. But, I respect that this is just human nature. I think if you just have some faith and let your man be a man you'll both be a lot happier.

• He didn't have to ask and as soon as I got into the relationship with him the looking at men was done I expect it in return.

• I don't think you're ever going to be happy if you keep expecting the impossible from your boyfriend. You're what men call a succubus. Look it up.

• Well I love the sound of that so thanks :)

• If you want a guy who isn't going to look at other girls with sexual interest, then those guys actually do exist. I don't check out girls, primarily because I just don't have any interest in them. I wasn't changed to be that way, so don't expect your boyfriend to change that way for you.

If you want a guy who isn't going to look at other girls AT ALL, then you're going to be disappointed. People are going to look at other people. I look at girls all the time. I look at guys all the time. Can you say that you don't ever look at other people? Because if you can, you're either delusional or lying. Visually, we're programmed to look at things, especially moving ones. If you can't accept that people are going to look at things, then you are going to be highly disappointed by every guy you date. The only way to satisfy that is to date a blind guy.

What Girls Said 4

• It's fine and it's natural, if you see something you like you're gonna look at it. It only becomes an issue when you start touching or obsessing over someone else. You can't tell your boyfriend not to look. Are you saying that you never look at anyone? No actor? Athlete? Random guy on the street? How is you gawking at Bradley Cooper any different than him gawking at random girl walking down the street? It's not! It sounds to me like you're just insecure and get jealous easily, you need to chill out or else you're boyfriend will be looking for an out and you being overbearing and assuming he's lying is a pretty good one. My ex freaked out when I was watching soccer and got upset when I said a guy from a group I was in outside of school was cute (after he asked me if I thought anyone was cute) and after that every time I didn't answer my phone I was cheating on him. A person can only put up with that for so long before they've had enough.

• I think it is ok for people to look at others as long as their not looking for others =)

• Fact: all people notice other good looking people. I am very happy with my relationship, but when I'm going about my day, doing whatever, I see good looking guys around. I know he does too. We see them, think "he/she's hot, and move on. I hope your boyfriend is smart enough to not do that when he's with you, but it's not really wrong. You can't ask him to not see (glance at) other people, because it's not really possible.

• Well for me it will be possible. and he has done it with me and I know even when he does it with out me I sense his vibes

• "Well I want what I want" - selfish

"if he says he loves me like he does he will have no issues with giving me that" - reality check, it's not all about you.

And it won't make you both happier because it's not a big deal. Stop being so insecure. If you love him, you trust him. And it doesn't seem like trust is a strong point in your relationship. Anywho, I'm done trying to get you to see reason. Good luck with that.

• It may be selfish but so was his looking and he has said his sorries he is very sorry he don't wanna lose me over it and is stoping

• I use to get upset bout thisto, hell I thought talking to a femle outside of business on the phone was cheating,but then I started to realize.so my adviceto lookat other men while you rriding in the car together and make sure he knows you are checking out anice looking guy. It works. My man can look but he best not touch

• Well I'm not looking cause I'm treating him how I would love to be treated.