Men Wearing Pink?

I've always been a firm believer that pink is a girls color. I see more and more men with pink clothing and fake tan with shaved legs and chest. Am I old fashioned for thinking they look gay?

I'm not an fashion misfit either, just pink is a step too far for me. what look do women actually prefer? jeans and t shirt or fake tan and anything pink?

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't like it at all

What Girls Said 8

• I don't think that all guys look good in pink, but on the ones who do, I think it's very hot. It also gives me the feeling that the guy is comfortable with his sexuality and isn't worried that he's going to look "gay" and doesn't care what other people think.

Fake tans are ugly on everyone, but I'm not sure why you even brought them up?

• Because I know 4 people of the top of my head who wear pink and fake tan. are the two associated with this type of person?

• I have no idea what you meant when you asked, "are the two associated with this type of person?"

• Jesus christ, pink and fake f***ing tan.

• To each there own is my stance! If it is not bothering me leave it go. I see what would be considered girl colored shirts on lots of men on the golf course.

• I absolutely love the color pink so I do like it on guys.

And honestly I prefer shaved legs on guys 'cause I can't stand looking at hairy legs. I tend to prefer those that wears pants or have no hair.

As for fake tans...well, if they can make it appear natural enough, that's cool.

And also guys that grow out their head hair can be sexy too.

But I also like all kinds of other colors and shorter hair on guys...I'm attracted to all kinds of styles. Variety is the spice of life.

I personally think it's pretty cool that people are engaging in nontraditional styles. I mean, they aren't hurting anyone by doing so, so why not?

• When guys wear pink in support of breast cancer, its hot no matter what. Also, if its a nice Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein shirt its hot too. Its only gay if you have a scarf over it, or gelled hair, or pink tennis shoes.

If you plan on wearing a pink shirt, make sure you don't look metro sexual pretty much. Shoulders back, chest out. git!

• I don't mind the shaved chest, I actually prefer it, but I don't like the pink on guys, with the exception of the occassional dress shirt. I guess I just like the more masculine colors on guys.

• I like a man that wears pink there's nothing girly or gay about it, if your comfortable with your own sexuality then it shouldnt matter if people think its gay or not. Fake tan and leg shaving maybe one step too far tho!

• My husband wears pink. pink doesn't mean a guy is gay. its just a color. now if he "shaved his legs and faked taned" as you said, then maybe I would wonder..

• I LOVE when guys wear pink. I'm not talking a pink, sparkly wardrobe, but pink polos or a simple pink tee look so great on guys. And it's almost refreshing to see a guy that isn't SCARED to wear pink. Pink looks great on guys with jeans and khakis. I recommend it.

What Guys Said 2

• tsk tsk...they aren't gay...pink is a color...and like all colors anyone can wear them...yellow is also considered girly but lots of guys wear yellow...i used to have the same frame of mind as you until the day someone got me a pink dress shirt and out of curiosity I tried it in front of the mirror and I looked GOOD. Guys won't have excessive pink clothing but its not bad to have a couple. as for the fake tan and shaved hairs..dont be quick to judge...we all do stuff to make ourselves comfortable...if that's their niche...so be it.

• 100% agree. My husband shaves his legs and so do most of the guys he knows. Some guys are just more comfortable like that and honestly I don't like hair (unless its on a persons head) so it works for me.

• I miss the days guys could wear pink. I'm not gay but it looks good on me, but of course nowadays I'd be labeled as gay for wearing that color! Instead of more freedom with 'gay liberation' we actually have less!