Girls, would you rather be mentally challenged or ugly?

I heard that someone took a poll that said 65% of women said they would rather be mentally challenged than ugly or overweight. Do women really feel this way

So then who are these women who say they'd rather be retarded than ugly? I mean that's just sick, and looking at your answers most would agree with me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I'm more likely to get laid even if I'm ugly or overweight. :P

But really, in my last job, most of my clients were developmentally delayed. They were also really awesome people and I adored working with them. That being said, I've seen how challenging their lives were, how much assistance they needed, even with things we take forgranted, and how many things they would miss out on in life. While I love and respect all my clients, I would never choose that for myself or anyone else.

What Girls Said 4

• id rather be ugly and overweight,

because that's fixable/curable.

you can lose the weight,

and there's things like make-up, and plastic surgery.

• Ugly. Mental illness are much uglier to live with than it is to live a life being ugly.

• If it's something like down syndrome or being ugly, I would choose ugly of course.

• uhh okayyyy.. that's surprising. makes me so proud of the women in our society! I'd much rather be ugly than mentally challenged, not that there's something terribly wrong with it.

• Ha they're probably the bimbos who don't even know what mentally challenged means. they just know ugly = bad. plus, without their looks, what else would they have left?

What Guys Said 1

• I think people think mentally challenged people are happier than most other people. They seem to experience a whole new level of joy that most people will never see. I don't know if this is true or not, but it seems to be the general perception. People who do not like their looks, however, experience low self esteem and depression.

So who the F cares about what I can or cannot do or what people think of me as long as I'm happy. When it all comes down to it, I'd rather be happy than sad.

• By the way, this question and all the answers seem very offensive to mentally challenged people. It's like you're implying that mentally challenged people live horrible lives.

And I'm not implying the same about fat/ugly people. If you can get past your looks and be happy, good for you.

• I didn't mean that at all. I feel that it's terrible people think weight loss is so bad, that they'd rather have real problems than ones that can be fixed. I mean who would wish that on themselves and others. I mean it's tough. I know, I have a brother with fragile x and it does suck.