Girls would you have a C-section for covenience?

I hear a lot of women do it now...I was born by c-section but it was due to complications...then my mom had my little bro and sis naturally...but The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends that the rate of Caesarean sections should not exceed 15% in any country. However, in recent years the rate has risen to a record level of 46% in China and to levels of 25% and above in many Asian countries, Latin America, and the USA.

It puts the baby at risk for some things including: Neonatal depression: babies may have an adverse reaction to the anesthesia given to the mother, causing a period of inactivity or sluggishness after delivery .Fetal injury,Breathing problems

Breastfeeding problems. Also, Type 1 Diabetes, a 2008 study found that children born by Caesarean section have a 20% higher likelihood of developing type 1 Diabetes in their lifetimes than babies born vaginally.

But I mean maybe its worth avoiding the pain or vaginal birth...Idk...I haven't given birth and I never will...what do you all think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, if I can, I want to give birth naturally. It kind of freaks me out that some women schedule the birth of their children like you would a hair appointment. My mom had a scheduled C-section with me, but only because she wouldn't have physically survived giving birth and they didn't even want her to go into labour. Hopefully, I won't have the same difficulties she has when it's my time. And, it's not as if a C-section is painless, it's major surgery you have to recover from and not one (unlike vaginal and uterine tissue) that's meant to stretch, expand and go through trauma then recover. As for the pain, you can sometimes have an epidural. I don't know enough about that to say what I would do yet, I'll cross that bridge when I'm pregnant and reading like a crazy woman to find out everything I can about pregnancy, birth, and parenting.

What Girls Said 6

• A woman can't have a c-section without the doctor's approval.

I've had children naturally and with an emergency c-section. For my older children, I was in labor for over 24 hours and the epidural failed each time.

My youngest had a prolapsed cord - he was out in 3 minutes.

I recovered faster from the c-section than the natural delivery; in the end it was quicker and less painful. To be honest, if I had a choice I would have went with the c-section for all three. Being in labor for that long is hell.

None of my OB doctors made it an option, though. I wasn't asked if I wanted one, I just stayed in labor until the baby came out ... even after begging for one, lol.

They are usually scheduled for high risk deliveries or if you had a previous c-section.

• Personally I would rather deliver naturally unless it something went wrong and I had to have a C-section. Along with all the risks that you mentioned could happen to the baby, I don't think its that good for the mother either. I mean they are cutting open her stomach. My mom had me through c-section and the doctors messed up her stomach and she has like 6 scars there now when originally it should have only been 4 from what she told me. And even though giving birth naturally does loosen you up quite a bit "down there" it can always be tightened back up. Lol this is just my opinion anyway.

• I plan on having a C-Section(when I do become pregnant years from now haha)

I'm petite,I mean,I can't have all of that happening.The thought hurts me!Youtube natural births and yuck.One of the major reasons I choose C Section is because there's a history of complicated births in my family.My mom and sisters had very bad labors,I wasn't even supposed to live,and even my mom said I should get a C section and not naturally

• I would rather give birth naturally because when you have a c-section its a lot harder to recover from but you can't feel any pain while in child birth. But with you have it naturally, it does hurt during child birth for some women, but the recovery is soo easy and once you have the baby you are pain free. C-sections take weeks to recover from and it hurts so bad because you can hardly move.

• I want to give a birth naturally.

• uhh no from what I've heard about c-sections is that they're not all that convienient. I didn't think most people did it for that reason outside of celebs who have c-sections before the 8th month to avoid body issues. I think I'd rather give birth the old fashioned way. its natural for a reason because its best. but if I had to get a csection or if it was the best option for me or my child then I would probably do it

What Guys Said 1

• Its sometimes called the husbands opperation, for obvious reasons, sometimes its done for medical reasons, stop transfer of stds or other communicable diseases, or complications.