How to dye your hair yourself?

I have dark hair, well now is like strawberry blondish orange. I'm trying to go blond and girls I was wondering (to do it myself) which is the best way to get there?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm with pure fury, your hair looks hot. Going blonde won't suit your skin tone and your eyebrows. Not to mention how damaging it'll be to your hair. Look if you really wanna do it, just buy peroxide and go for it. Then tone it down, but it might take more than a few times. You may have to peroxide it 2-3 times before you are able to release all the colour out of it. I don't think you should do it though. I dyed my hair blonde a while back and let me say, never again. I am still trying to grow all the blonde out from 3 years ago. I have dyed it brown several times after the blonde but pretty much every colour fades over blonde so it makes it look even more damaged.

Don't risk it, you hair looks like it's in pretty good condition, you don't wanna ruin that. I had long ass hair, all the way down to my lower back. But because the blonde made it look so damaged after dying it brown, I cut it up to my bra strap just to get rid of the blonde quicker.

What Guys Said 3

• Some people were not meant to be blondes...Your hair in your pics look hot! If you're wanting to go from dark to light, it's always best to go to the pros, because you will probably end up with orange hair.

• Aww man, don't dye your hair. You are gorgeous now. Why fix something that ain't broke?

• My sister does it for me but you need to consider your current hair color and color you want to go with,. be realistic about what color you have now and if it's messed up then go to a professional.

What Girls Said 4

• if you want some good advice I'm gonna say to

not dye your hair blonde at home!

I have seen too many sorry cases.

brown and light brown shades are fine for at home dye, but blonde is REALLY easy to screw up and your hair could end up looking a nasty shade. Go to a place that knows what they're doing. It's worth it for the fist time, then you can do the blonde from the box after you already have blonde on your hair and your roots are growing back in.

• I'm a cosmetologist so what I recommened you to do is to go see a hair stylist. You need too bleach out your hair to take out all the brassiness GOLD ORANGE TONE ON YOUR HAIR by applying a toner. You can buy the bleach and toner at Sally's Beauty Supply but please read the directions. =)

• Yikes. I am all about home dye jobs if you have access to professional quality dyes and not those box dyes and ONLY if you are going darker. If you are going lighter always go see a professional. There is a science to lifting and lightening hair properly. It's probably going to cost you more $$ to fix what you did on your own than if you would've went to a professional in the first place.

But lesson learned right?

• Dont change your hair! Brunettes are lush! ... sexy dark heads all the way ... plus if you did want to go blonde you'd have to do it at a salon because you've got dark hair and you have to bleach it out before re-applyng another colour. If you don't it will go orange! No joke! but I really recommend you leave it brown :)