If you were forced to choose just one, would it be looks or personality?

would it be looks or personality? I am not saying that they are mutually exclusive, but if you had to rank one above the other, which would it be...

• LOOKS
  • PERSONALITY

Most Helpful Guy

• Crap voted looks when I wanted to Vote personality :(.

Anyway it's definitely personality.

The line I always repeat to people when I get asked this question is, "looks are nice, but only last 30-40 years at the most if you're lucky, a personality lasts a life time".

People who date people purely on their looks are going to have a shocker when those looks fade away, and they are left only with the person inside.

Looks are nice, and are a nice bonus if someone is good looking, but it's not what I look for in a partner whatsoever.

What Guys Said 3

• its funny that more girl are choosing looks when guy are supposedly the shallow ones. every on is shallow in thier own way. if looks are important to them and they turn you away because of how you look, how it that different from you turuning some one away for any other reason? iether way you are picking and choosing based on what is important to you. although both sides do it I have actually seen more girls go with guy they have no guine interest for

• Defintely, personality.

• Personality.

What Girls Said 8

• i would always pick personality over looks because looks don't always last and the best way to win my heart would be with a good sence of humor and can make me laugh :) but that's just me I'm probably not the normal type of girl

• I'm not gonna lie, if I HAD to choose, I woiuld choose looks. Although I would much much rather have a good looking guy with a killer personality to match:)

• The guy I'm crushing on doesn't have abs or muscled arms, and his hair is kind of weird. But his personality is uh-maze-ing and he's really smart and funny. It's the most I have ever liked someone, and I still think he is gorgeous.

• peronality

• personality for sure.

• I would definitely pick personality.

• Personality hands down.

Because if someone you held feelings for wasn't necessarily the most physically attractive person in the world, their personality could make them appear much more attractive over time.

And looks fade over time anyway, a good personality is all that matters in the end.

Good luck.

• ummm...okay so if I had to choose between a great looking guy with a bad personality and a physically unattractive guy with a great personality...i would honestly date the hot guy and be friends with the ugly one. I would just use the hot guy for image purposes and get him to eat me out a lot but I wouldn't fall for him. I know that sounds shallow but I'm sorry I just can't do ugly! so I'd choose looks

• At least your honest. its not shallow your just being honest with yourself. I would be just as cut throat with personality. but if you were in a serious relationship would answer change? and talk as if there is nothing in between good looking and ugly, there are non-good looking and non-ugly fuys A.K.A normal looking guys