HELP! hydrogen peroxide to naturally lighten hair?

Ive heard from some people that have had great results that this works, and I don't want to use chemicals or anything to lighten my hair. Does anyone know how this will turn out by the end of the summer. I have auburn hair, and with light shining on it there is some gold in it, I want to get down to a blonde shade (as people have said you can do if you keep applying it), but I am kind of hesitant as I don't want a horrible color (orange).

I used it today, left it in for most of the day went in the sun and it lightened, I washed it out and conditioned it so it won't get brittle, or dry out. Should I do this everyday for the entire summer, will it be blond by then? Also I am pretty tan (I get dark naturally) so would it look good or not? Does anyone here have any experience doing this, especially if you have red hair as that would be most helpful.

I've also heard lemon juice works (I don't know how well it will work if not blond,) and chamomile tea, but peroxide would work the fastest and best right?

Most Helpful Girl

• Try these sites, I think they'll answer your questions

link

link

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• i think you should just stick with lemon juice and vodka I heard that brings out highlights... I feel that the peroxide is just as bad as you dying it maybe even worse because I feel it may even irriate ur skin or even cause bacterial growth if you keep killing ur natural flora (bacteria) every day by applying that... I know you can use diluted hydrogen peroxide on teeth but I don't know bout hair

• First of all, you say you want to lighten your hair without chemicals... so what exactly do you think hydrogen peroxide is? It's a chemical. If you really want blond hair, go to a salon and get it professionally done. Doing it at home is a bad idea - it can turn out really badly, especially if your hair is reddish. My sis had dark red hair and tried to dye it blonde and ended up with neon orange hair. It was really expensive to fix and damaged her hair really badly.

Go to a professional.

• Don't do it- it could really jack up your hair. As for the lemon juice you should be blond. I know this girl who did it with brown hair and it looked awkward and sorta greenish.