Do I dress okay, or should I change my look?

I typically where a lot of polo's or AE and hollister t shirts, and usually wear north face sweatshirt (like in my pic), or a Columbia jacket over it when it's cooler. So do I dress pretty good, or should I change my look?

Thanks for the help, but one big thing. Some of this just doesn't feel like me. I mean white t and black jeans wouldn't work with me. I just like feeling like myself, not trying to dress like a d bag. Not to rip your suggestions,
But, I get the feeling my look isn't great, but it isn't bad. It's just me. and I'd rather be me and get a girl

Most Helpful Guy

• hey man.

Sweatshirts typically aren't going to help you, especially if your goal that evening is to meet an interesting woman. I'm assuming this is your goal as you're looking to change your look. I promise you, you will blend in with the crowd and it won't help you. At the same time there is never a need to dress like a clown. Outrageous / flamboyant jewelry and accessories will also be seen as goofy and will have the same effect. however, a happy medium is definitely an improvement. I suggest one interesting accessory, ex - a stylish watch, bracelet, necklace.

I would suggest the following.

1. Begin working out. Trust me, it will only make you feel better about yourself and you WILL look much better in your clothes. if you're looking to get on a workout program, message me and I can direct you to a few at home products I really enjoy.

2. When losing a bit of weight, buy tighter fitting clothing. Too tight screams "I'm probably gay". A little bit less than too tight screams "I'm confident in my own skin"

3. As the other women in this thread alluded to, simple is generally better, BUT I would stray away from exclusively AE / Hollister polos. If it were a friday night for me, I would wear a sweet looking graphic tee ( check out the buckle, or express ). make sure it fits you, and ask the females in the store to judge. they will know best. depending on the season you could wear cargo shorts or jeans (depends on the time of year)

4. Smart Shoes ( make sure they match your belt and socks).

5. Finally I would check out the book "always talk to strangers" by david wygant there is a chapter in the book dedicated exclusively to your question.

hope this helps man. feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

-alec

What Girls Said 5

• yeah I agree with ladyinred. I don't really like the look you have going for you right now...just make it simple and classy. It'll make you look older, too.

• honestly the best advice I can give you is wear a simple black or white t-shirts and dark jeans with any kind of shoes...simple as that and its hot as hell!

• its fine, nothing that stands out really

• i think you should upgrade your style. like the girl below me said, a simple black and white shirt and dark jeans and good shoes.

• i don't like sweatshirts on guys, it looks sloppy

What Guys Said 1

• just do you and the rest will come