Plastic/Cosmetic Surgery-Opinions?

How do you feel about plastic and/or cosmetic surgery?

Would you ever have plastic or cosmetic surgery?

Does it change how you view a person if you find out they had plastic/cosmetic surgery?

I personally find nothing wrong with a person having plastic or cosmetic surgery,if you can afford it,more power to you.

Yes I would and would like too,but I'm 16 atm,so I have to wait.

And I wouldn't have a different view of someone who has gotten plastic or cosmetic surgery.

I really really want and need cosmetic surgery( I think it's considered cosmetic).I'm not going to base my decision off of your answers,nor do I care to have anyone try to persuade me:) I just want opinions

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm with you, I don't see a problem with it. I mean people spend their money on all kinds of things when it'd be better off used in another way.. but it's your money, do what you want with it.

I do feel like there's something seriously wrong with the people who get addicted to it, like with huge breast implants and constant Botox, and nipping at pretty much every spot on their body.

But for the most part, I don't see anything wrong with a cosmetic surgery; we've had amazing breakthroughs with surgery that can really help someone's self-image.

It wouldn't change my view of someone either. I would probably consider cosmetic surgery if I had the money, but I don't feel like I need it either. I think it's basically a luxury in most cases.

What Guys Said 2

• If I hear about a woman getting cosmetic surgery, my level of respect for her drops a couple of notches. Nothing screams insecure more than going under the knife because you can't accept who you are.

• Problem with plastic surgery is it looks fine short term but in the long term it looks really bad...

What Girls Said 2

• Im pretty against it.

Imagine all the better things you could be buying with that huge sum of money.

And for such a superficial reason...I dunno...Just rubs me the wrong way.

Now, there are obvious exceptions-face getting mauled or something.

Besides I think most of the issues would still remain even after surgery as most of them stem from inside anyways...

No offense here though, just my honest opinion.

• It's stupid and unnecessary. I actually think it's pretty sad that people are so insecure and full of self hatred, then the feel the need to get elective surgery. It just says a lot about how materialistic and shallow the world is. There's too much emphasis placed on beauty and no enough on other aspects of a person.